Skip to main content
Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to trigger NPrinting job or schedule from Qlikview?

Nprinting has 3 Qlikview extension objects which can trigger tasks and reports, but I see no way to trigger a job or schedule via Qlikview Isn't that possible?

UPDATE: I've managed to get a macro working in Access Point in Internet Explorer and Chrome, other standard browsers should be fine as well.

Code and instructions: Qlikview macro to trigger "on demand" loads of NPrinting job or task · GitHub

Best regards,

Carl-Fredrik

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stephen_Jasionowski

Carl-Fredrik -

You can do this with NPrinting 16: How to Distribute Reports after Successful .qvw Reload on a QlikView Server with Publisher

This is a gap feature for NPrinting 17 that we hope to implement in an upcoming release.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Stephen_Jasionowski

Carl-Fredrik -

You can do this with NPrinting 16: How to Distribute Reports after Successful .qvw Reload on a QlikView Server with Publisher

This is a gap feature for NPrinting 17 that we hope to implement in an upcoming release.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Stephen!

I believe I would need to create a macro that renames the xml-file. That would do the trick. But is is possible to trigger a macro from the Access Point?

Stephen_Jasionowski

I believe so. avinashelite‌ has posted about this in other threads and might be able to provide guidance.

avinashelite

Hi Carl,

yes you could trigger a macro from Access point , create a button or text box and a action to execute a macro ..here you need to specify your macro name .

NOTE: 1.In order to execute macro you need enable allow system access in the macro edit window

2.if your using VBS than it will execute only in IE

to create a macro check this link

technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/2008.02.heyscriptingguy.aspx?pr=PuzzleAnswer

Hope this answers your question

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Avinash!

I managed to get a working example in VBS and in actually executes in both IE and Chrome.

Any UI updates (like MsgBox) won't work though, but in my case, changing a file name worked perfectly.

avinashelite

please post the sample VBS code so that it will helpful others, who are having similar question

Not applicable
Author

I've updated my question with the sample and instructions to get it working.

But 1 more question: With the macro added to the qwv, NPrinting has a hard time to open the file since it requires a "I allow macros to run" button click in the UI. When run as a background job, NPrinting cannot continue. How do I solve this?

avinashelite

Did you tried this option: Granting System Access to your macros in the server through QEMC (System, Setup, QlikView Servers, expand and click, Seucrity tab in the right pane "Allow unsafe macro execution on server" and "Allow macro execution on server" ticked) and in the Macro editor, (Ctrl + M, bottom left drop downs)