Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bstevens122
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

How to use Qlik NPrinting APIs inside a Qlik Sense load script

Hello,

I have reviewed the provided documentation and implemented the script. I am getting successful connections on both the GET and POST but when I run the script I am throwing a HTTP protocal error 405 (Method Not Allowed) when running the POST connection.  The GET connection for the login seems to be working fine.

I am trying to piece the script together because all I am looking to do is run one task. So I have hard coded the vAppId and the vTaskID but it doesn't seem to matter because anytime the POST connection gets used I throw the error.

The only other possibility for the issue I can think of is that when I opened the trusted sites I used only the production node and since we have multiple nodes maybe they all need to be listed. I am also unsure if the HTTP/HTTPS change was needed for only the qlik server or if the NPrinting server. Currently, the node I have the app on and QMC is HTTP and the NPrinting node is HTTPS. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Beau 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bstevens122
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Lech,

Thanks for the help.I ended up starting over and after loading all of the script and correcting making a couple of adjustments I am able to run the script without error. I had to remove the* login* in the string for the Get Connection NPrinting url. Then I hard coded the task ID since the Get Task was throwing errors. Not sure why some of the sections worked right away and others didn't but it is working well enough for my purposes now.

Thanks,

Beau

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You may want to specify version of NPrinting you are using. There were issues with API methods in Sep2018 and some other versions i cannot recall.

Also let us know which version of Qlik Sense are you using and whether you allowed Qlik Sense as trusted origin in NPrinting.

You may also look at this:

https://nprintingadventures.wordpress.com/2019/04/08/nprinting-api-qlik-rest-subroutines/

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
bstevens122
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Lech,

Sure thing. I noticed the issues around a couple of the releases, but I am on:

Qlik Sense : April 2019 13.21.1

NPrinting : April 2019 19.9.5.0

I am an admin on both installations. We are also in a multi node environment utilizing the proxy to select based on current usage. I am not sure if that would have an impact or not.

Thanks,

Beau

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, 

this one can be hard to debug. What sort of errors do you get? Can you share screenshots?

Did you try to use setting i pus in my NPrinting.qvs?

Are you using https with Qlik Sense and NPrinting?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
bstevens122
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Lech,

Thanks for the help.I ended up starting over and after loading all of the script and correcting making a couple of adjustments I am able to run the script without error. I had to remove the* login* in the string for the Get Connection NPrinting url. Then I hard coded the task ID since the Get Task was throwing errors. Not sure why some of the sections worked right away and others didn't but it is working well enough for my purposes now.

Thanks,

Beau