cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pomna
Creator III
Creator III

Hyper link Nprinting HTML Report

Hello I need to create an HTML report in NPrinting. The report is ok but the link does not work. Below is the code and the report but the links do not work. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

<td%%=IF(Match([CusSat Rating],'1','2','3','4'),[CusSat Rating])//=([CusSat Rating])%%></td>
<td%%Issue URL_1%%></td>

Pomna_0-1594225555146.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi 

the cell with the link, should look like this 

<td><A href="%%='https://randomuser.me/api/portraits/men/' & floor(rand()*100)&'.jpg'%%">Link</A></td>

and make sure the in the table properties you uncheck the "keep source format" box 

Annotation 2020-07-08 214551.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies
marcginqo
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi @Pomna ,

If you go to the Report Editor and click on the field with the URL, left side of the screen where you see the tables.

On the bottom of the screen, where the properties are, there is an option to turn off HTML Encoding. Make sure it is turned off and try again.

Marc

lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi 

the cell with the link, should look like this 

<td><A href="%%='https://randomuser.me/api/portraits/men/' & floor(rand()*100)&'.jpg'%%">Link</A></td>

and make sure the in the table properties you uncheck the "keep source format" box 

Annotation 2020-07-08 214551.png

Pomna
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks but it does not work

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Pomna 

@marcginqo is right about disabling HTML encode. The easiest way to debug it would be by inspecting what code is produced once you preview report, meaning:

• Preview--> Open HTML--> right click and Inspect, that way you can see what is being created as your actual html code.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Pomna
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I got the solution. The link works now. I labelled the dimension with the link to the sheet in Qlik (see below).

Pomna_0-1594316678098.png

Then in NPrinting, I used the HTML code below.

<td><A href="%%Issue URL%%">Link</A></td>

On the properties pane keep the Source Format check box unchecked and the HTML Encode check box checked.

Thanks Lironbaram.

Pomna
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks but Lironbaram's solution worked for me.