Partner - Creator II

Ignoring Task filter for a report

Hi Experts,

I have 5 reports.

4-Excel and 1- Email embedded.

I need to send 

first set- Straightforward without any task level filters -Achieved

Second Set - 

4 Excel reports with a filter.(Column product having 6 values)

1 Email imbedded without any filter.(For all Products)

So i need to generate 4-excel+1 email embed(without any filter) for 6 product values.

Possible Solution is :

Create number of reports for each product value-in this case 4*6=24 reports which is not efficient i guess.

Can you please suggest me is there any other way to achieve without having to create so many reports

or is there anyway to exclude task filter for a report?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Thanks for the details, I understand what you mean. 

Based on the labels you are using Qlik NPrinting April 2020 connected with Qlik Sense. If instead you are connecting to QlikView please upgrade at least at Qlik NPrinting February 2021 in order to let the following solution working.

Create two Qlik NPrinting connections to the same Qlik Sense app, Con1 and Con2.

Create the template HTML A by using objects from Con1.

Create Excel A, B, C and D by using objects from Con2. Create product filter X and Y by using fields from Con2 (the same connection you used to create the Excel templates).

In all Publish Tasks add all templates and :

• In Publish Task 1 do not add any filter. 
  • In Publish Task 2 add product filter X to the task. The HTML A will be delivered unfiltered because it uses objects from Con1 instead product filter X uses fields from Con2.
  • In Publish Task 3 add product filter Y to the task. The HTML A will be delivered unfiltered because it uses objects from Con1 instead product filter Y uses fields from Con2.

I have not tested on my installation but this suggestion should work.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Sorry but the question is not completely clear to me. 

You have a publish task with one single filter that keeps 6 values, so that filter is applied to all added reports. You want to have the embedded HTML report without filters and the Excel reports with that filter. So why you have to create 6*4 reports? If there is a single filter that need to be applied only to Excel reports move that single filter to Excel reports filter and remove it from task filters. 

For more details about filters refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2020/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Static-dynam...

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
imrasyed
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

I also need excel reports without the filters as well like first set I mentioned.

If I put a filter at report level i would not be able to use the same report for without filtered data.

Let me be more clear--

Reports:

Excel A

Excel B

Excel C 

Excel D

HTML A

Publish Task 1 -  Reports included without any filter.

Excel A

Excel B

Excel C

Excel D

HTML A

Publish Task 2 - with product level filter for Excel Reports but no filter for HTML A Report

Excel A with filter product x

Excel B with filter product x

Excel C with filter product x

Excel D with filter product x

HTML A 

Publish Task 3 - with product level filter for Excel Reports but no filter for HTML A Report

Excel A with filter product y

Excel B with filter product y

Excel C with filter product y

Excel D with filter product y

HTML A 

Thanks for your help

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Thanks for the details, I understand what you mean. 

Based on the labels you are using Qlik NPrinting April 2020 connected with Qlik Sense. If instead you are connecting to QlikView please upgrade at least at Qlik NPrinting February 2021 in order to let the following solution working.

Create two Qlik NPrinting connections to the same Qlik Sense app, Con1 and Con2.

Create the template HTML A by using objects from Con1.

Create Excel A, B, C and D by using objects from Con2. Create product filter X and Y by using fields from Con2 (the same connection you used to create the Excel templates).

In all Publish Tasks add all templates and :

• In Publish Task 1 do not add any filter. 
  • In Publish Task 2 add product filter X to the task. The HTML A will be delivered unfiltered because it uses objects from Con1 instead product filter X uses fields from Con2.
  • In Publish Task 3 add product filter Y to the task. The HTML A will be delivered unfiltered because it uses objects from Con1 instead product filter Y uses fields from Con2.

I have not tested on my installation but this suggestion should work.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
imrasyed
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks a lot Ruggero.

Let me try your solution and will update.

imrasyed
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

@Ruggero_Piccoli 

Thanks a lot and really appreciate your immediate help which saved my effort and time.

Its working as expected.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Great! Thanks for the feedback, I think this solution will be useful also for other people.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero