Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion

Hi,

When NPrinting server starts a schedule with our nprinting service Account, we have this issue in the log :

'Connection error to qvp://xxx.com/xxx/xxx.qvw; Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion'

So, the nsq file is read and Nprinting is trying to open a qvw but stops. One Cal is assigned to our local user (nprint), can open QV desktop and one of our doc with the user nprint. The service is running.

If I use my own administrator account without changing anything else (meaning : I only change the 'log on' on the service tab of the nprinting server), nprinting server works fine till the end of the Schedule and my pdf are produced.

Whatever is the nsq, same behaviour.

Any idea?

Thanks!

Ludwig

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Any account with administrator privileges on the local machine will do.

You should still reboot the computer after the reinstall as well by the way.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

According to our R&D team, this message is generated from the windows operating system and captured in NPrinting logging.

To delete the registry entry marked for deletion (for the QV desktop), you can:

1. Restart the computer or

2. Uninstall and reinstall the QV desktop on the NPrinting Server. (we've found this to be a more permanent solution for others experiencing this issue.)

If you continue to experience technical issue with your NPrinting deployment, please contact the Qlik Support Desk at the link below:

http://www.qlik.com/support

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Frank! Fast to answer 😉 As good as your webex this morning.

Really appreciated, will let you know soon if your suggestion works!

Ludwig.

Not applicable
Author

Do we need to reinstall the QV desktop using the nprinting service account or any user will be fine?

Frank_S
Support
Support

Any account with administrator privileges on the local machine will do.

You should still reboot the computer after the reinstall as well by the way.

Not applicable
Author

Well, now, the job is idle (last log entry : Message Run Task: Taskname). Next entry should be connect to the qvw but nothing happens after minutes and minutes. At least I can see in the QV log that I have a 'Notice License: License leased to user servername\NPRINT'. So a little bit confused... QV or Nprinting?

I guess, it's time to get in touch with support. Maybe a nprinting reinstall...

Thanks for your help!

zeeshanadeel
Contributor III
Contributor III

We faced same issue recently after upgrading to ver 16 SR2. Our observation was; if NPrinting Service is running and we make some changes to any *.nsq file then there are changes we will face this issue. Now we restart the NPrinting Server/service after the promotion of new changes that has solved the issue. At least for now.

Cheers!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi fsv‌ / ludwigaugiron‌‌ / zeeshanadeel‌‌

Just to add on the same, we were having the same issues. I restarted NprintingService but that didn't help to get this fixed. However, below are the steps that I followed which helped me to fix this without rebooting the computer.

1. Open task manager.

2. Locate if any QV.exe process running through the same account (Nprinting Service Account) with which Nprinting Service is running.

3. Try to kill that process.

4. Restart Qlikview Nprinting Service.

5. Scheduled jobs should run fine now without the error.

Hope this helps for quick fixes as it helped in my case !

Best,

Hardik Patel

martinien
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Thanks a lot, just faced the same problem, works just fine.