Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsobrinho
Creator
Creator

Image email body

Hi guys,

I would like, insert an image (logo) in my NPrinting email body to create a template, when I try to insert the image the pop-up, a URL is requested to the image.
What is the idea and how to create this?

Labels (1)
21 Replies
jsobrinho
Creator
Creator
Author

I really appreciate your information.

My version is Feb 2019

Anyway, I have a question, when I insert the image through the report embed it is displayed in the email, is there any relation between these two ways of inserting the image?

Thank you one more time.

jsobrinho
Creator
Creator
Author

@Lech_Miszkiewicz 

When I put an image in .png my e-mail in the web browser (outlook office 365) show the image, but when I access the outlook from the desktop it's not showing.

Maybe I need to send an image as attached? this is possible?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

This is the email client behaviour. It depends also on the settings of the email client.

You could try to add the image as attachment or to embed an HTML report with the image.

There are also some online services that let you to simulate how an email will be rendered.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
jsobrinho
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli ,

Yes, I understand you, I imagined this > You could try to add the image as an attachment, but I don't know how to do this? How can I do this in NPrinting? Could you please help me?

I created more three reports in HTML and use the embed HTML report, but I think it's not good.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

QlikEntity reports can be exported as images https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2019/Content/NPrinting/DistributionSchedulesAutomation/Re.... So you could attach them.

In the past, in some specific cases, I was able to solve by adding custom html  code in the template. So you could also search if there is a similar solution for your specific email client.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
jsobrinho
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you, I already did this,

- I create three more reports (1 with logo, 2 with border1 and 3 with border 3)

- In the email body, I inserted this embedded, this is attached?

But I would like another way, cleaner, just putting the URL, but in outlook desktop isn't working.

There is another way?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I wonder why it is not working for you. It seems like you have used unsupported html code or did not consider mail client limitations.

can you share here your html code?

have you used any <SCRIPT> tags in your HTML report?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
jsobrinho
Creator
Creator
Author

I attached the file Email2.txt here.

outlookDESKTOP.pngoutlookWEB.pngI just change the text but the structure of  HTML is the same.

First picture: Email using outlook desktop, second one outlook web

sqlsociety
Contributor
Contributor

I am also experience the same issue. I have tried the suggestions above but still get the error below. Any other ways i can fix this issue

Capture.JPG

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hello all! (Updated)

Please note that I have tested this functionality and it works as designed.

image success.PNG

Note that you must use a valid URL which hosts the image you are trying to use with your report. 

For example:

You must use the "Image" tool for this to work successfully (as shown below).

insert image tool.PNG

Also some systems may block images so you need to be mindful of that.

It is not possible to upload an image into the report message...only http is possible.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!