Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avinashjpm
Contributor II
Contributor II

Image quality in NPrinting power point report not clear

Hello,

I'm trying to get several tables in one slide for power point report.
I have attached the image,i'm using feb 2018 version

I tried with

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Powerpoint-image-resolution/td-p/1123133

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Documents/Improving-Image-Quality-Export-using-Clipboard-Zoom...

but still numbers doesn't look sharp.

@Daniel_Jenkins can you please help?

Regards,

Prasad 

11 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

How did you generate this output ? If it was not through a task ( meaning on-demand or via designer/preview), please try distributing through a task with 'report quality' set to 'very high'  .. if you haven't already. 

avinashjpm
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello,

I'm trying to generate output in Powerpoint, I tried distributing through  task with 'report quality' set to 'very high' ,but still it doesn't look good.

Regards,

Prasad

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Is this QV or QS as the back end ?

avinashjpm
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

We re using Qlikview 12.1 as backend qvw file.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

As usual, first suggestion is to upgrade to latest version November 2018 and try again with it.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
avinashjpm
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello Ruggero,

Thanks for your suggestion,but upgrading doesn't seem to an easy solution and it will take time.

Regards,

Prasad 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I understand but there are some improvements on newer versions and they could resolve your issue. Also if there will be the needs of an improvement it will be done on new version.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Can you upload samples of "normal" quality and "very high" quality .  Its important for us to get an understanding if "very high" is insufficient.  You can also send a sample QVW + NP report template (you can export) and i'll try it in the latest and greatest and send you "normal" and "very High" versions too for comparison. 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, let me add my thoughts...

I would probably also ask how big is the object in QlikView. If you try to export an object as an image from QlikView i would build it in Qlik View to suit required resolution. As an example i was recently building HTML report (i know that your issue appears in PPT template but still...) and i was building a grid like table with KPI's Images, I made sure that all my charts in QlikView were pixel perfect the same size as the size of images i expected in my html div tags. I was blown away with the difference it makes when you keep your image as an original size! It looked just great at the end. When you export image from QlikView without changing ration between width and height of image and you keep the same aspect ration as in QlikView your image will be crisp sharp and nice.As soon as you start stretching, fitting,  resizing exported image, you will notice that it will get blury or distorted.And at the end - i would not expect 200x200 pixels image to look good when you try to expand it to 400x400 size, although you keep ratio, still quality can be only as good as the source object. 

@rpc Ruggero, @djk Daniel, @JonnyPoole - what are your thoughts around this? 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.