Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avinashjpm
Contributor II
Contributor II

Image quality in NPrinting power point report not clear

Hello,

I'm trying to get several tables in one slide for power point report.
I have attached the image,i'm using feb 2018 version

I tried with

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Powerpoint-image-resolution/td-p/1123133

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Documents/Improving-Image-Quality-Export-using-Clipboard-Zoom...

but still numbers doesn't look sharp.

@Daniel_Jenkins can you please help?

Regards,

Prasad 

11 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I agreewith Lech.

I would to add that to evaluate the final image quality, of course, you must run the publish task and not the report preview. The image quality is an option of the report in the publishing task and it is used there. The report preview uses the normal image quality.

It is mandatory to test with latest version November 2018. Since February 2018 we did some improvements and bug fixes on this topic. For example in June 2018 there is this solved bug:

Images from QlikView objects were sometimes rendered with the wrong zoom value
Jira issue ID: OP-5167
Some images from QlikView objects would be incorrectly displayed zoomed in or out. This led to data
being cutoff, or too small to read.
Starting from this version, clipboard zoom settings of all Qlik NPrinting Engine computers is reset to
100% every time report generation starts. (ClipboardZoom= 1 option in
..\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView\Settings.ini).

"Very high" quality images in Qlik NPrinting NewsStand subscriptions were produced
with “Normal” quality
Jira issue ID: OP-7397
When you subscribe to a report in the Qlik NPrinting NewsStand, you can choose image quality.
However, choosing the "Very high" option produced "Normal" quality images.

September 2018 has this solved bug:

Image quality setting did not work with HTML reports generated from HTML templates
Jira issue ID: OP-7607
When producing HTML reports from Microsoft Word report templates, the image quality parameter
had no effect. Reports with the image quality set to "high" or "very high" contained only high quality
images. Created HTML reports had the same layout for all image quality settings. For example, there
were not changes on the displayed image size.

etc...

Thei are example to state that we must be sure that we are not speaking about an issue solved in newer versions.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
andrei_delta
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

hi,

if you want to add the table as image to your nprinting report you won't get any better quality than the existing one...which is the worst.

you must remake your table. go to tables-> add the chart you are trying to make then select all the cells drag them to your ppt page and keep the source format. this way your table will appear as a text in the pdf and it will be very sharp.

the november version affects only the graphics charts...the straight table and pivot table charts image quality will stay the same as before.

hope it helps,

Andrei