Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
millymac
Contributor II
Contributor II

Images by filter not working in NPrinting

Afternoon all,

Has anyone come across an issue when using an image on Nprinting 19 (Nov 19). I have a bar chart and a pie chart and some tables that filters by an user to create stats by each user it currently returns the correct figures for the tables but when it comes to the Image it outputs the total figure on the bar chart and pie chart. just to note this is an excel output with a tab per user.

This is an old report that I have been running on Nprint 16 for years. I am currently migrating all reporting from 16 to 19 with no issues unless there is an image in the output as it will not filter by whatever is required.

I have a number of these type to move but I need to resolve the image problem. I could be missing something with the new NPrinting I understand that is different to 16.

Hopefully somebody has come across this and can offer some help.

Thanks

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
millymac
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Update on this

What I have discovered that if there is a sheet event trigger on a sheet this will not return the correct results required I have a date trigger on one sheet with a clear all on the leave sheet, when I removed the triggers it resolved itself however the qlikview application requires sheet triggers for users viewing the application I have a work around for this one by having a separate application for Nprinting I have a number off larger ones that I now need to do.

I am really missing having the application open while running out Nprinting and seeing what it is doing.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I'm sorry but I have not understood the issue. Could you add some screenshots of the template and output you get?

How are you migrating from 16 to 19? If you are using the migration tool, have you some error messages?

I'm not aware of any kind of problem in filtering images. Check if the original 16 template has object filters that are not copied into the 19.

Did the 16 version used some entities like linked fields that are unsupported by the 19?

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Agree with Ruggero,

It is likely you use unsupported filters on those objects,

You need to be aware and understand what you are doing when proceeding with migration. Did you check all reports, filters etc... before proceeding?

Have you checked for all supported / not supported objects in projects you are migrating? Filters using lock/unlock if locked, clear all... bookmark, linked fields..etc...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
millymac
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for you comments,  I completed a basic template to show what I am trying to do (see attached output)

I have a pool of data which I want to return results by owner, I have created this on Nprinting using an image and a table

Line chart is returning total figure and the table is returning the correct figures by owner.

There are no errors as I created this new within Nprinting, I have looked at and read a few different tutorials and cannot figure out what I am missing or if I am missing something.

On the chart I am using below to apply the name of the owner on the output = if(GetSelectedCount(Owner)>1 or GetSelectedCount(Owner)=0,'Vulnerability Total Trend - All Owners', 'Vulnerability Total Trend - ' &Owner)

millymac
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Also a snapshot of the Nprinting Template editor for this query

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

So the issue is that the image is not filtered according to the page value?

Is this happening with NP16 or 19? 

Everything in a worksheet generated from a Page is filtered by the page values, images and tables. I tested in my installation and it is working correctly. 

If you want the image unfiltered you need to place it in a worksheet different than the one with the page. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

....and you are sure you are not using 2 difference connections for those objects accidentally?

Indeed it looks strange - I have never come across issue like this before.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
millymac
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Update on this

What I have discovered that if there is a sheet event trigger on a sheet this will not return the correct results required I have a date trigger on one sheet with a clear all on the leave sheet, when I removed the triggers it resolved itself however the qlikview application requires sheet triggers for users viewing the application I have a work around for this one by having a separate application for Nprinting I have a number off larger ones that I now need to do.

I am really missing having the application open while running out Nprinting and seeing what it is doing.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Triggers are not supported by both QlikView NPrinting 16 (and older versions) and Qlik NPrinting 17+. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero