Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Import LDAP users into Qlik NPrinting

Hi, I was able to import GROUP from LDAP but I do not get any users.  Here is my setup . I also checked the first 2 boxes.

Untitled.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

You can also check out this video regarding the LDAP import tool

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Change InetOrgPerson to user.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Frank_S
Support
Support

You can also check out this video regarding the LDAP import tool

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Maybe you need to set an Alternative group path

Advanced.png

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, it seems to be able to import correctly when I added the specific OU but then I get this error 

"Data correctly retrieved from import sources
There must be at least one active user with administrative rights able to login"

I have a services account and my account which have admin role in Qlik NPrint. I am not sure why I still get this error.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You are trying to remove the only user with administrative role. You need to exclude him by using filters, create another administrator not removed by the import task or uncheck the option Remove if not present.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I end up having to unchecked "Remove users not present in newest import sources" and it was able to create and update user. But now I can't deleted staff who are no longer with our company.  I tried to filter out the admin account by doing (!(CN=admin account)) but that did not help. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I end up having to unchecked "Remove users not present in newest import sources" and it was able to create and update user. But now I can't deleted staff who are no longer with our company.  I tried to filter out the admin account by doing (!(CN=admin account)) but that did not help.  

Thank You everyone

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You can manually create another administrator not part of the import.

Every time you run an Import Task Qlik NPrinting checks that at the end of the import there will be at least one user with administrative rights. If you try to delete all the administrators the import is stopped. 

Best Regards,
Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
seblabalyerr
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hello,

Can users in the "Security Group" within AD be included in Nprinting? Has anyone tried this process?

seblabalyerr_0-1696803452133.png

Regards,

Hasbi