Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kakaderanjit53
Creator III
Creator III

Import Task for recipient User getting failed

Hi Qlik Experts,

I am importing the recipients user task with Filter and groups,It succeed when no. of user upto 3 ,but after updation of excel file of

import recipients with increased number of recipients,the same task getting failed and showing the error,

"

ERROR message : importing USER : Can not create the new user because their email is already in use.

ERROR message : The import failed due to some invalid entries. No data was saved."

Give me solution for resolving this problem,ASAP;

@lech_miszkiewiczlech_miszkiewicz‌‌,

avinashelite‌,

mto‌,

@ Daniel Jenkins

Thanks and Regards,

RANJIT KAKADE.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi  Ranjit.

Well - it worked for me. I was able to import whole list without issues. I think you have some legacy stuff there.

I loaded all users without any issues and then re-run imports couple times changing things like time zones, filters etc

Couple things i have noticed:

• are you using xls or xlsx (on one of your screenshots you are refering to xls) and attachment you have provided is XLSX
  • make sure all DOMAIN ACCOUNTS are properly spelled (if you are connected to DOMAIN). I had an issue once with client that NPrinting was checking against AD to see whether such account exists - it was missing a letter and import was failing.
  • i would suggest to start from 0 - meaning clear all users, import all with file and then play/modify and re-import them again. See how you go.
  • note that apps, filters (also fields in filters), connections referenced in import file etc.. - they should be all available in NPrinting prior to recipient Import, else import will not work properly.

I am not sure what else we could do.

Works for me - I am running NPrinting 17.3.1

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

20 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

this indicates that you have the same email address assigned to multiple users.

Think of e-mail column as of Primary key in recipient table - it cannot have duplicates!!!

that is all said in your log Can not create the new user because their email is already in use.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
kakaderanjit53
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello Lech,

First Thanks for your immediate reply,

FYI, I have been not the same email address assigned to multiple users.

I am just reloading the same task with following actions:

Capture3.PNG

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Are you able to share your recipient file?

did you add manually users to NPrinting console? Are you then trying to update them?

kakaderanjit53
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi ,

Yes, I have been added some User manually in the Nprinting Console and trying to update the list of recipients to the specific groups.,But I dont want to delete the existing user to be delete,just want update on the same if already present in the Nprinting Console,even I already tried the same ,For E.g. The User Name "Kamineni Preveen" is already present in the Nprinting console,but after reloading of task its status become "Update", but in the excel file if the number of recipients changed than existing then task getting failed,PFB for Log file when The User Name "Kamineni Preveen" is already present in the Nprinting console,but after reloading of task its status become "Updated and PFA for List of Recipients.,1. existing list

Capture6.PNG

2. Updated List of Recipients.

Capture5.PNG

3. Log file detailsCapture4.PNG"

kakaderanjit53
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello Guys,

Im waiting for your important reply about my above query.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I am testing scenarios - will let you know once i am done with it.

I am thinking that only some of user related items can be actualy updated via import - this beeing filters, groups (not sure about the name though).

cheers

kakaderanjit53
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello Lech ,

No ,Name also updating after reloading the Import Task, PFB Details for the same:

C.PNG

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

how are you going with recipients import?

I am testing it - and it works for me. I do not know what is a problem with your import.

Are there any unusual characters in your file? I had this issue when once i tried to import data with polish characters - load was failing.

cheers

Lech

kakaderanjit53
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Lech,

Kindly find the attached Excelsheet file which contains list of User recipient.,Give me acknowledgement once when you download it,

I have been referred the following weblink article for importing Users Recipients with filters and groups task,

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/17.3/Content/Recipients&Users/ImportUsersFiltersGroups/Import-...