Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Import of Recipients does not clear empty values

Hi

I have a problem with nPrinting. I import recipients with the import feature of nPrinting.

But the import does not clear values if they are not present in the datasource anymore.

Example:

I added "NotificationsCC" to import for a recipient. The recipient does now have a value mail@address.com in its details.

Now I deleted the value mail@address.com out of the datasource (Excel) for this recipient.

The recipient gets updated by nPrinting, but it does not delete the value out of "NotificationsCC". It still has the mailaddress as value.

Why does nPrinting not update recipients values to "empty"?

I am on nPrinting 16.3

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mkelemen
Creator III
Creator III

Sorry, I just realized that your problem is a bit different.

This functionality has been added in SR4.

Fields were not updated after Recipient Import

When importing recipients with columns populated and mapped, the import worked fine, but if you imported some recipients again with some columns cleared they were not updated and the related fields remained filled. This is because the import recipients functionality didn’t manage the cancellation of field values. Starting from this release NPrinting has the new flag "Consider empty values" in the import recipients task, that permits clearing of the values in the recipients when the source has empty values.

Matus

View solution in original post

4 Replies
mkelemen
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

this is a feature not a bug - you have to select Import all + Delete old recipients in the import task to get what you need.

More info here

How to Delete Recipients Automatically When Importing

BR,

Matus

mkelemen
Creator III
Creator III

Sorry, I just realized that your problem is a bit different.

This functionality has been added in SR4.

Fields were not updated after Recipient Import

When importing recipients with columns populated and mapped, the import worked fine, but if you imported some recipients again with some columns cleared they were not updated and the related fields remained filled. This is because the import recipients functionality didn’t manage the cancellation of field values. Starting from this release NPrinting has the new flag "Consider empty values" in the import recipients task, that permits clearing of the values in the recipients when the source has empty values.

Matus

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your answere. Where can I download SR4? Currently Qlikview seems to have a problem with their login. I can not login on qlik.com.

mkelemen
Creator III
Creator III

It can be downloaded from qlik.com.

Login works for me. If you have problem contact quoncierge

https://qliksupport.force.com/QS_Home_Page

Matus