Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
poooja
Creator
Creator

Importing user Automatically .

Hi all,

Is it possible to import users automatically into a recipients Group? for the below example.

In the Qlik app we have the fields Student id,teacher id,Teacher name,teacher email.
In the NPrinting the report has cyclic on student id.
Is there a way where we can import the user list to the NPrinting task from the app(here the user list should be teacher),to run the report for the teachers for there corresponding students(in the app Student id is linked with the teachers).

Thanks in advance !
Pooja

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

There are 3 ways you can achieve this at the moment:

1. If teachers are part of some DOMAIN and have access to Qlik Sense you can achieve this by using section access in Qlik application on teacher field
    1. create section access on teacher field
    2. create users in NPrinting (all of them need to be teachers with respective Domain accounts)
    3. establish NPrinting connection and enable section access - this will handle filtering of teacher - user automaticly 
  2. by using excel recipient import (see help here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2020/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Users-...)
    1. to achieve this you would first need to create excel report which would populate all required fields in excel based on your QS data. Including required user filters and group & role associations. It will not be an easy task but can be done. Excel template is version dependant so make sure you firs choose your version of NPrinitng when you visiting Qlik help side.
  3. by using API and Qlik Rest connector - this would be a method I would use, but it is not easy to explain in few words. I would use my library NPrinting.qvs - https://nprintingadventures.com/2019/04/08/nprinting-api-qlik-rest-subroutines/

This is not a straight forward task if you want to have it fully automated as it reuires planning, Qlik Sense app development aiming for NPrinitng reporting and this scenario.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

There are 3 ways you can achieve this at the moment:

1. If teachers are part of some DOMAIN and have access to Qlik Sense you can achieve this by using section access in Qlik application on teacher field
    1. create section access on teacher field
    2. create users in NPrinting (all of them need to be teachers with respective Domain accounts)
    3. establish NPrinting connection and enable section access - this will handle filtering of teacher - user automaticly 
  2. by using excel recipient import (see help here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2020/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Users-...)
    1. to achieve this you would first need to create excel report which would populate all required fields in excel based on your QS data. Including required user filters and group & role associations. It will not be an easy task but can be done. Excel template is version dependant so make sure you firs choose your version of NPrinitng when you visiting Qlik help side.
  3. by using API and Qlik Rest connector - this would be a method I would use, but it is not easy to explain in few words. I would use my library NPrinting.qvs - https://nprintingadventures.com/2019/04/08/nprinting-api-qlik-rest-subroutines/

This is not a straight forward task if you want to have it fully automated as it reuires planning, Qlik Sense app development aiming for NPrinitng reporting and this scenario.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
poooja
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Lech,

Thank you  for the explanation. I will explore the API. Your blog is really helpful.

Thanks!

pooja

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,
I'm using NP June 2020 and I'm getting in trouble with user filters.
How can I link my QS app field (ex. userID) with the excel recipient column (ex. _userID) ?
I think I'd need to create a dynamic user filter in a such way (ex. user Mary with userID = 10,  John with userID = 20, and so on...)
I have already done it with NP 16 but I don't know how to do the same with June 2020 version.
Could anyone help me?
Many thanks in advance for your time.
Best Regards

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

the ways recipient imports work between v16 and June 2020 are different.

look at help site to learn about file structure and syntax. https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2020/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Users-F... 

in short:

• in filters sheet you create a filter: for example  userID = {10}
  • in user sheet you then reference name of this filter in filter column

on help site there is sample file you can use to see how this needs to be setup (!!!use sample file as a template for your version of NPrinting user import. Template files may be different between versions so make sure you pick the right version!!!)