Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
semlemmers
Partner - Contributor III

Inconsistent return from PixelPerfect

Hello,

I'm working on a 'quick' POC based on some training data. It is about the # of calls and duration of calls per person/department. I'm using Nprinting 17.4 and try to create a report in PixelPerfect

The first problem I encounter is on the first page, where I expect a full table with the # of calls and duration of calls per department. All I get is just the first line of the table and no summary of the data, just question marks. I feel like I am doing something wrong here, but I can't figure it out. I've tried loading via tables and levels, different formats, summary by group or report and several other ideas.

The second problem I encounter starts on the second page. There is no summary on the duration of calls, but on the fourth page it does appear. How does that happen? People here say it is a bug. Is it?

Here's a screenshot of the pixelperfect project and I've attached the source file + output. I hope you can help me. The report as it is now, just contains elements from the Levels section.

Here are some screenshots from the properties:

First problem:

Second problem:

Thanks in advance.

Message was edited by: Sem Lemmers

8 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I investigated only the first problem. Thanks for the screenshots and files.

About the single row, I suppose you have a user or a report filter. Otherwise you see all rows as in my example attached.

I'm quite sure you have a filter also because if you filter data by keeping only Finance on the first table the second will shows exactlly and only the data in your screenshoots in the second part of your post.

I attached also my template. You can import it into a Qlik NPrinting September 2017 TP Qlik NPrinting September 2017 Technical Preview. You can install it in a testing environment. This is the first version that can import report templates.

The column "Duration of calls" contains a decimal number formatted by QlikView. When you import it into PxP it doesn't know how to format it. This is the reason you see the format string HH:mm:ss.

To solve I created a calculated field with the formula:

Concat(PadLeft(Floor([Duration of calls]*24),2,'0'), ':',PadLeft(Floor(([Duration of calls]*24-Floor([Duration of calls]*24))*60),2,'0'), ':',PadLeft(Floor((([Duration of calls]*24-Floor([Duration of calls]*24))*60- Floor(([Duration of calls]*24-Floor([Duration of calls]*24))*60))*60),2,'0'))

It converts and format the time as you want.

To calculate the total and formatted it I created a second calculated field with the formula:

Concat(PadLeft(Floor(sum([Duration of calls])*24),2,'0'), ':',PadLeft(Floor((sum([Duration of calls])*24-Floor(sum([Duration of calls])*24))*60),2,'0'), ':',PadLeft(Floor(((sum([Duration of calls])*24-Floor(sum([Duration of calls])*24))*60- Floor((sum([Duration of calls])*24-Floor(sum([Duration of calls])*24))*60))*60),2,'0'))

Then I inserted both in the template.

Based on how you created the second table I suppose the problem with totals is the same as before.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
semlemmers
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your trouble. Unfortunately I'm not in the position to update the software, so I won't be able to import the template.

That being said: I didn't mention this before, but all filters are deactivated and removed from the Nprinting project and users. I just created another report and the table generates as expected (as far as No of rows go). So I'll just leave it at that.

Now I've tried your solution and I get a lot of different results. The first time it went fine (YAY!) but then (ahhwww) it went weird on me again:

But still, I can't wrap my head around the fact that I can't simply choose the timeformat I want in the menu. Especially because at first I even could change the format from a am/pm notation to a 24h notation. Something changed along the way and I just don't know what.

semlemmers
Author

Ok, here's something weird:

I started the whole project from scratch. Still I get unexpected results. This is an example with your formulas:

Without doing anything else than adding a new object to the report, I get this as a result:

How did this happen?

screenshot from PxP:

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Don't update the production installation with the technical preview, just create a test/development environment with it to import the template.

TP is not for production use, I used it just to deliver a fast way to import my template.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

This is very weird. The only reason why the duration column disappears is that the field type of the calculated column was not set or wrongly set.

It is not necessary to add the other fields in the group footer.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
semlemmers
Author

Yes, but that isn't the case here. I've made no changes in the column, and even repeated the process to confirm the result.

There is no logical reason to add the fields in the footer, but I did anyway. It was just something I haven't tried yet (LOL). The fact that it changes the output in the first table is surprising though and to me it looks like a bug... is this something that can be confirmed?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Right now I don't hink it is a bug because I'm not able to reproduce it with your data.

In my installation the table is good since the first preview.

Let me know your Qlik NPrinting version and I'll try with the same to see if I can reproduce it. In this case I used Sept 2017 TP.

The only way for me to have a similar effect is by inserting a wrong field type in the calculated fields.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
semlemmers
Author

We're using Nprinting 17.4. The connection is made via Qlik Server (qvp;//), if it's helpful to know. I'm not in the office today, but if necessary I can provide the hardware specs next Monday.

And if I haven't mentioned this before: thank you for your efforts. I really appreciate this!