Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ja123__
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Inconsistent text formats in the PDF Print of an Excel template

Hi Everyone

Has anyone encountered something similar to what I am experiencing? I have noticed that in my xls working template, all text is formatted to the the correct size and text style.

Once I print the report I get the following:

Capture.PNG

These outputs, which are obviously slightly different but I cannot seem to see what is causing this. It happens throughout the report. The numbers are a mix of calcs referrring to tables, formulas and I can't consistently see what is making some bolder than others.

I initially thought that for some of these it would have something to do with where they are referring to and that cells format. Maybe even accents or using "comma" style formats of numbers.

I can't see any similar issues before with other people? Seems like most posts are other elements of formatting and styles.

James

Labels (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Ja123__
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Everyone

I hope this can assist someone else:

When using the normal preset fonts in excel, all fine and no problem. With this client they have their own font called "Sxxxx sans".

Now when I format any numbers (thousand seperators, comma-style) in their font it is inconsistent. As in the numbers over a thousand go bold while the others are in the right font. This is ONLY when I use thousand seperators/comma style.

So use a standard font and this issue with inconsistent formatting is resolved....

View solution in original post

Frank_S
Support
Support

To close the loop on this, please see the following help documentation:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2020/Content/NPrinting/Troubleshooting/Fonts-do-not-di...

If you feel you are experiencing a defect, please report it to the Qlik Support Desk.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Have you tried to zoom in/out to see if it changes? Similar thing happend to me when I had pdf generated from xls and zoomed out...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ja123__
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Yes, I did try that and for the Pivot tables later on it seemed it was really only how it was displaying because when I zoom in I can see it is standard.

However in this case post it's definitely coming out in a different format.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

What version of Qlik NPrinting are you using? I suggest to update to latest available (at the moment June 2019) and try again. 

In general if you want an output in PDF it is better to develop a PixelPerfect template. Creating PDFs from Excel templates could generate formatting issues. This is why we always suggest to create the template of the same format of the output you want.

If after the upgrade to latest version you still have the issue, please open a support ticket. Include a link to this conversation and all the data and steps to reproduce. We need the help of developers team to investigate if it is something that can be solved by change settings or the source code.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Ja123__
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Ruggero

Apologies forgot to add:

Qlik NPrinting April 2019

Version: 19.9.5.0

The reason I went with the excel template was we found a nice workaround for all the pivot tables we had to create in the excel template. As opposed to using the Pixel Perfect route. Now we about to deliver but one or two things not coming through so nicely, even though it is minor. One being this formatting.

Have noted your suggestions and will do so.

James

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Thanks!

I always suggest to upgrade to latest version to benefit of all bug fixes. I checked in the Release Notes of June 2019 ant there are not solved bugs similar to your so I suspect you will need to open a ticked, but please try to upgrade before.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Ja123__
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Just saw something interesting.

When using comma style OR format as number + decimal seperator it goes bold.

If I don't use comma style OR format as number (with decimal deselected) it is the same as the other formats.

I'll attach some snaps to show what I mean:

Comma style off. Formatted as number. No decimal seperatorComma style off. Formatted as number. No decimal seperatorAny comma style/decimal seperatorAny comma style/decimal seperator

Ja123__
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Everyone

I hope this can assist someone else:

When using the normal preset fonts in excel, all fine and no problem. With this client they have their own font called "Sxxxx sans".

Now when I format any numbers (thousand seperators, comma-style) in their font it is inconsistent. As in the numbers over a thousand go bold while the others are in the right font. This is ONLY when I use thousand seperators/comma style.

So use a standard font and this issue with inconsistent formatting is resolved....

Frank_S
Support
Support

To close the loop on this, please see the following help documentation:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2020/Content/NPrinting/Troubleshooting/Fonts-do-not-di...

If you feel you are experiencing a defect, please report it to the Qlik Support Desk.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!