cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sahal
Creator II
Creator II

Install On-Demand on IIS server that only runs qlikview settings services

Hi, We have followed all the documentation on installing On-Demand for Nprinting but we are stuck.

In all the documentation it stated that you should install On-Demand on"QlikView Server" but it does not say on which Qlikview server services.

Our issue is that we have a clustered QlikView server that runs qlikview server services only on 3 server, and we have another server that hosts the IIS accesspoint that has QlikView Settings Services installed.

On-Demand must be installed in the "qlikview server" that hosts the IIS and i would assume that that means the server that has the QlikView Settings Services installed and not the QlikView Server Services installed.

The issue we are facing now is that on the IIS server (with QlikView Settings Services ) gets this error and we can not continue.

Capture.PNG

QlikView folder: C:\Program Files\QlikView

QlikTech folder: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech

So this should not be wrong hmm...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sahal
Creator II
Creator II
Author

The issue was a corrupted QlikView installation and after reinstalling it all worked.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Albert_Candelario

Hi,
Could you check our article https://support.qlik.com/articles/000054709 and let us know if helps to solve your issue!
Cheers
Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
Sahal
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi, this does not work.

As you see in the image i posted im not able to even press the the "next.." button in the background becausethis error appears Before.

However i do not Think this is the issue. We have a DEV Environment (one server) with all QlikVew server services installed and the root folders of QlikVew and QlikTech are in the same Place as for this server that got the error and on the DEV Environment works.

I think it has something to do with that we ONLY have QlikView Settings Services installed on this server and that has not been tested by you guys to see if on-demand works with accesspointbeing located on a different server than the qlikview server services. If this is the case then this is a bug.

Albert_Candelario

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

I just try on one of my testing environment on a server where I only have the Settings Service installed with the IIS and I could not reproduce your issue.

What versions of QlikView and NPrinting are you using?

Cheers!

Sahal
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi, This is what we have on the server.

On-Demand: QlikNprinting_On_Demand_Add-on.exe (notes this is the .exe and not .msi)

On-Demand version: Qlik Nprinting February 2019 On-Demand add-on (19.0.3.0)

QlikView services: QlikView settings services

Qlikview version: QlikView server november 2017 Sr9 (12.20.21000.0)

Albert_Candelario

Hi,

do you have any installation folder moved to another location or using a symbolic link?

Cheers,

Sahal
Creator II
Creator II
Author

The issue was a corrupted QlikView installation and after reinstalling it all worked.

Albert_Candelario

Excellent! Thanks for sharing this with us and keep using the Community!