Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Installing Sense Certificates

Hi Everyone,

I have QlikSense and NPrinting installed in the test server. When I try to create an NPrinting connection, I get certificate error.

The NPrinting services are normally configured to run using a non-interactive service account.

I login to the NPrinting and Sense servers using my ID. I export certificate from QMC and install it using the tool QmcCertificatesInstaller. I also modify the NPrinting services to run using my ID instead of the service account. After making these changes, everything works and I am able to create an NPrinting connection.

But, this is not the real-time case. I can't run the services using my ID, but I need to use the service account. What should I do then? Is there a way where I can install the certificate for another user (ie the service account)?

6 Replies
reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi,

Anyone has any inputs on this issue? I also discovered that when I run only NPrinting Engine Service using my ID, and run other services using the service account, I am able to create connections and reports. ie, I need to change the log on for only engine services.

jonopitchford
Contributor III
Contributor III

did you install the certificates when you where logged in as the service account or your account?

could you try reinstalling the certificates (using qmccertificatesinstaller) as the service account (i.e logged into the server as that account)

reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

That is the problem here. I can't login to the server using the service account as it is a non-interactive id. I installed the certificates when i was logged into the server using my ID. So I guess I need to change the service account as interactive.

jonopitchford
Contributor III
Contributor III

Yes, you need to install them with the same account that runs the service. Let me know if this solves the issue

reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi,

My QlikSense(not NPrinting) service account gets locked out frequently while I am working on NPrinting. The source for my NPrinting connections and reports are Sense apps. Do you have any idea why the account gets locked out very frequently?

reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

hi, does this mean I have to login to the computer using the service account? and not my login id?