cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timsaddler
Creator III
Creator III

Interrogating server logfiles

My nPrinting job failed to send emails at 8.00am but was fine at 9.00am with no intervention from me?

I've located Nprinting logfiles on our nPrinting server but need help in "interrogating" them.

Has anyone created an nPrinting logfile Qlikview app ?

Thanks in advance

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

There is not an official app, but about SMTP configuration refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2019/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Set-u...

The most frequent problem with SMTP servers is that they have anti-spam rules and they identify emails from Qlik NPrinting as spam. So Qlik NPrinting correctly delivers emails to the SMTP (and you see no errors in Qlik NPrinting logs) but after the SMTP doesn't deliver the messages. 

Another frequent problem with SMTP server is that emails have too big reports attachment. For example your SMTP server is configured to deliver emails with a maximum size of 10Mb but Qlik NPRinting attached 20Mb of reports. So it could be that some emails are delivered and some other not because only some emails exceed the maximum admitted size.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

There is not an official app, but about SMTP configuration refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2019/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Set-u...

The most frequent problem with SMTP servers is that they have anti-spam rules and they identify emails from Qlik NPrinting as spam. So Qlik NPrinting correctly delivers emails to the SMTP (and you see no errors in Qlik NPrinting logs) but after the SMTP doesn't deliver the messages. 

Another frequent problem with SMTP server is that emails have too big reports attachment. For example your SMTP server is configured to deliver emails with a maximum size of 10Mb but Qlik NPRinting attached 20Mb of reports. So it could be that some emails are delivered and some other not because only some emails exceed the maximum admitted size.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
timsaddler
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks @Ruggero_Piccoli  - very useful to know.

i'm going to create a little qlikview app to read the logfiles so i can diagnose these issues more smoothly