Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YanMin
Contributor III
Contributor III

Invalid Visualization

Hi,

I have a problem with nPrinting running report. Some of my charts shows Invalid visualization on sometimes basis.

I have attached screenshots below. Can anyone assist what could be the problem for this?

YanMin_0-1619486752079.pngYanMin_1-1619486769004.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mianoahe
Contributor
Contributor

Make sure that the Qlik Sense object JMjSeES still exists in the connected app. After-that,

• Refresh the Connection Cache,
  • Close and Re-open the Qlik NPrinting Designer, and
  • Try to Add it Again.
  • It must be visible in the list.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

Do you see these charts in the qlik sense app, looks like either extension is not installed or its not working. But first would like to know if the sense app has the same problem or not.

YanMin
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

My qliksense do not have issue. But the problem is its on sometime basis when generate report. So I confused.

Digvijay_Singh

Check if you see more info about this error in the nprinting logs  - nprinting_engine_cef and reporting_web_renderer. The log location is as below - 

\\server name\c$\ProgramData\NPrinting\Logs\

Digvijay_Singh

Hope you got enough RAM and CPU resources and performance of the app is good enough, hope there is no intermittent timeout issue when nprinting is trying to open the chart to fetch its image.

YanMin
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

I will try to do that. Thanks a lot for help

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The issue indicates to me that:

• permormance of your Qlik Sense is suffering
  • read/write from your Qlik Sense repository may be suffering too + access to repository service
  • If there are any 3rd party extensions used that may be another problem - relate to supported objects documentation on https://help.qlik.com
  • I would follow up on the performance of that sheet - how long do you need to wait until you get results populated in this sheet. Since it is NPrinting i would expect this to be tuned to perfection and give you instant results as soon as you enter that sheet. If you dont get that experience my take is you did not do your homework and did not build your app properly to support required performance.

Other comments:

• what is your network configuration?
  • seems like the network latency can be a factor too
  • are you running supported configuration (all is well documented so your responsibility would be to make sure that everything is supported, but we cannot confirm this without knowing the exact versions of Qlik Sense and Qlik NPrinting)

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
YanMin
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi, 

Thanks a lot for help. Yes I am new to these thing as I just take over this position from previous employee. The previous  one did all those configuration and I followed. For the performance, I have to wait a few minute to generate report based on the number of content inside the report. 

As I am new to qlik world, things are new to me. How can I check network configuration and how to modify my app so that it build properly to support required performance. Appreciate a lot for your help.

My qliksense version is

qliksense April 2019,Qliksense server 13.21.1.  

NPrinting is 

Qlik NPrinting September 2019

Version: 19.29.3.0.

Vegar
MVP
MVP

You are saying that sometimes it is working and sometimes it is not. If you re-run your reports on the same application(no updates on the sourceapplications) is it the same reports that shows invalid visualisation? Or is it changing between the executions?

If it is the same reports that always fails on a given data set it could be invalid selections causing your issue. Are you applying loops or multiple filters into your visualisation? Could it be that the combination of filters returns no valid selections?

YanMin
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

So what happen is that, for example, I schedule the report to the specific users. when they received, they are getting these issue with invalid visualization. When reload, the charts are appeared again. In template, I try run preview and some time give me invalid but most of the time show correct one.