Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NW1965
Creator
Creator

Invalid unicode character when editing report

Hi Folks

I'm getting this error message when trying to edit any of my reports in Nprinting, has anybody seen this before and anybody know what can be done?  All these reports are still running fine, but I just can't edit any of them. Any help much appreciated. I'm using NPrinting Nov 18.

NPrinting Error.png

Labels (1)
12 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I never saw this error before. Please do the following tests:

1 - Open the Designer in a different computer and try to edit the same report. Check if this still give you the error.

2 - Create a completely new report similar to the one is giving you the error. Close and reopen it and check if you still have the error.

Best Regards,

Ruggero 

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
NW1965
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Rugerro

We have tried on other machines and we get the same thing.

Interestingly, if I create a new report it also does the same thing before it gets to launch the template but after it puts the NPrinting logo on the screen (i.e. I create the basic report context, then hit the Edit Template button to create the content). So at the moment on that environment I cannot create a report either.

I have tried to create Excel / HTML / PowerPoint / Word / PixelPerfect - none of these will allow me to edit the template.

Regards,

Nigel.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Ok Nigel, thanks for your tests. This must be better investigated, please open a support ticket and link this conversation so they will know what you already tested. 

I searched and we have not know open bugs similar to this and this part of the software is unmodified since a long time so we want to understand what is happening.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

One last thing to check.
It states you are using Nov. 2018 NPrinting.
Verify that the NP designer is in fact the same version as the NP server.
Then uninstall and reinstall the NP Designer that is the same version as the NP server (even if it is currently the same matching version). Reinstalling the designer may resolve the issue.
Please check this article before reinstalling the designer as well:
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Installing...
Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
NW1965
Creator
Creator
Author

So, the server is APR18 version so I have uninstalled NPrinting designer and have now installed APR18 NPrinting designer version.  I'm still getting the same error message.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Did you opened the support ticket?

Could you evaluate to upgrade to February 2019? 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
NW1965
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes I opened a support ticket, it is Case # 01611508.

I'm working at an investment bank, we are lucky if we upgrade to a version when it is less than a year old, to upgrade to one that is less than a month old is completely unheard of.  Also, I can't really go to anybody in power here and ask to upgrade without someone telling me why, and "give it a go" is not a good enough reason.

If you can point me to a bug that has been reported and fixed that causes this issue then I'll push for it, but I suspect that the only reason to upgrade is simply to remove Apr18 version as a root cause.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

We will wait the end of the support case investigation. If it is a bug it will be solved on latest version.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
fishmanl
Contributor II
Contributor II

HI

any update on this issue?