Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sergiio_ot
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Is necessary to reload connection metadata in order to generate reports with updated data?

Hi,

I have some doubts with NPrinting whose answer I didn't find:

1. If I have a task with a report that launches every day and that may contain updated data (may say daily sales), is it mandatory to make a metadata reload of the connection (or maybe the report task makes an implicit caché rebuild itself)?
  2. If I have a task with a report running and his cache rebuild at the same time, will the report wait until the caché rebuild finishes or will it use the old metadata?
  3. I guess the metadata is stored in the nprinting database. If I launch the metadata reload for a connection and it fails or I abort it, will it be erased from the database? I ask this because you can not create a filter for a connection whose rebuild caché is failed or aborted.

Thank you all!

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
PabloTrevisan
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Sergio !!

No, metadata will update the information on which NPrinting is based on the application. So it should be reloaded when you add some field in the application and need to include it in your report as well. About having a task running the report and metadata load at the same time, the report will build on what was previously loaded.

Now, if the metadata update fails, the report will no longer be able to be updated.

View solution in original post

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

there is just one catch: QlikView LOCAL connections:

I think this was discussed and answered by me few times:

When should you Reload Metadata?

and this: reload metadata to refresh data from Qlik ?

and this: How do I reload NPrinting metadata automatically

cheers

Lech

--------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
PabloTrevisan
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Sergio !!

No, metadata will update the information on which NPrinting is based on the application. So it should be reloaded when you add some field in the application and need to include it in your report as well. About having a task running the report and metadata load at the same time, the report will build on what was previously loaded.

Now, if the metadata update fails, the report will no longer be able to be updated.

PabloTrevisan
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Don't forget !

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

there is just one catch: QlikView LOCAL connections:

I think this was discussed and answered by me few times:

When should you Reload Metadata?

and this: reload metadata to refresh data from Qlik ?

and this: How do I reload NPrinting metadata automatically

cheers

Lech

--------------------------------------------

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.