cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jorgenpet
Contributor III
Contributor III

Is there a row limit in NPrinting when creating a CSV report from Qlik Sense

I have a sheet in Qlik Sense with a lot of rows but when I create a QlikEntity report on CSV-format, it will only be generated a report with 1 048 566 rows.

Does anybody know how to create a complete report?

(It works with my old QlikView installation).

Best regards from Jørgen Pettersen

Labels (2)
11 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please try to export the same object directly from Qlik Sense and check if you get the same result.

Workarounds could be:

• add filters and create many different shorter exports
  • use cycles

In both cases you have to verify that the resulting dataset is smaller than the limit.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
jorgenpet
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi, I did the export directly from Qlik Sense and got the errormessage:

Export complete. Your exported data is ready for download. Please note that your dataset was too large and has been truncated.

The file is approx. 50MB and is truncated as the message says.

The same export from QlikView gets all the data and the file is approx. 150MB. 

Is there a fix coming for this issue?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the information. As I suspected the limitation is on the Qlik Sense side, Qlik NPrinting will take the data exported from Qlik Sense.

I suggest you to open a support ticket because, a part suggesting you the two workarounds, we cannot do more via community conversation.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

@jorgenpet 

Please see the following Microsoft excel limitations based on versions used.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/excel-specifications-and-limits-1672b34d-7043-467e-8e27-2...

I suspect you are encounter Microsoft excel limitations that can be managed by the suggestion made by @Ruggero_Piccoli 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Is-there-a-row-limit-in-NPrinting-when-crea...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
jorgenpet
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

This error has nothing to do with Microsoft Excel limitations.

I'm exporting to a CSV-file (but it might be that Qlik Sense does so in the background?)

Both NPrinting export (QlikEntity report to CSV) from Qlik Sense and export from Qlik Sense GUI(to CSV) results in truncating the output and only returns 1 048 566 rows.

Qlik View, on the other side, exports all 2 893 151 rows both using NPrinting and export from GUI.

I can make a workaround but why shouldn't this work in a newer product? If you move from Toyota to Lamborghini - wouldn't you expect that the headlights still works?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Yes, a CSV is a text file (that can be managed by using Excel but not exclusively) so it should not suffer of Excel limitations. For example, CSV files are used to move huge amount of data from different systems without involving Excel.

Unfortunately we cannot do more than suggesting a workaround via community conversation. Please open a support ticket so R&D can evaluate what it is possible to do to solve this limitation.

Please also avoid to post the same question multiple times because it doesn't help to solve.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
jorgenpet
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi, sorry for that.

I tried to make a support ticket like you suggested but I failed. Do you know how to make a support ticket?

BTW: this duplicate can be deleted: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Is-there-a-row-limit-in-NPrinting-when-crea...

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Refer to https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-create-a-case-and-contact-Qlik-Support/ta-p/1710.... Thanks.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
TimB
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi,

we have the same issue. Is there any solution for big exports?