Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevinpintokpa
Creator II
Creator II

Is there an NPrinting API command line client?

We have NPrinting 17.4.1 (June 2017) and the API looks good.  We want to use it to trigger an NPrinting task after the source dashboard has been reloaded in Publisher.

Is there a Windows command line client for the NPrinting API, for at least the TaskExecutions?

Qlik NPrinting API

If not, I can write my own, but would prefer to not reinvent the wheel.

4 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Kevin,

I'm writing the command line client now and I'm troubled by NTLM token, I would like to ask if you have written this client and have solved the problem?

In the official document, I noticed that there was a sentence like this:

Javascript clients must pass the NTLM token using XHR credentials.

JSA.png

I don't know how to implement it in my code... Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks & Regards,

Shyee

kevinpintokpa
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Sorry, I haven't been able to do any work on this.  I wish Qlik would provide a simple command line client to automate basic tasks, including starting a task.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

I'm not a developer, so I asked the help of a colleague here who suggest:

It depends on the library you want to use. For example, if you use jquery, you need only to add the parameter xhrFields.withCredentials to the call.

Code sample:

$.ajax({

type: "GET",

url: service_url,

dataType: "json",

xhrFields: {

withCredentials: true

},

error: function(XMLHttpRequest, textStatus, errorThrown) { ajaxError(XMLHttpRequest, textStatus, errorThrown); },

success: function(json) { DoSomething(json); }

});

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Not applicable

Thanks a lot! I will try if I use jquery.