Skip to main content
Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Issues in NPrinting/Excel: Dragging and dropping table fields from menu into excel

My colleague is unable to drag and drop fields from the left hand menu of the NPrinting design template. When we select the field and tries dragging and dropping, nothing is copied across to the template (excel cell).

However if in QlikView we give the fields an alias name, for example as per image below, then we are able to drag and drop the field.

The chart is a straight and not a pivot table. I thought this may have been caused by having 2 charts with the same id. I have replicated this scenario on my pc with no such issues. I also tried changing the table to a pivot table and change back again to a straight table and still no issues after that.

Many thanks,

img_Alias.jpg

2 Replies
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Refer to below article for creating excel report. for the pivot table by creating levels in excel printing able to achieve the desired pivot table output. thanks

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-13994   (Excel report (table view)

How to Create an Excel PivotTable Report

Thanks,Deva

Not applicable
Author

Thanks all. Unlike never experienced by us in NPrinting before, fields with space characters in their names were disabled from dragging and dropping into excel. We removed the space character from all fields and can now drag and drop individual fields into excel.