Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Keep source Formatting

Hello Experts,

Is there any way to keep source formatting from qlikview, when Pixel perfect is used. For eg: I have a table and used Level to get the fields on to the Pixel perfect template. As my Straight table in Qlikview has calculated dimension where I am displaying two fields in one single dimension with a carriage return.

But in Npritning i cannot use Keep source formatting when pixel perfect is used.

Any ideas please let me know. ??

Thanks,
V.

24 Replies
Not applicable

Unfortunately I ahve never dealt with carriage returns included in the data.

Is there a specific reason why the carriage returns are needed?  How did you get the carriage return in the QlikView application

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III
Author

Hello Adam I use Chr(13) for New line like

Field1 & Chr(13) & Chr(13) &

Field2

Is what I used.

And does the Powerpoint page does not take auto paging like, as mentioned it only shows 10 rows and the remaining rows are truncated.

Any ideas??

Not applicable

unfortuantely I do not know what to tell you about carriage returns - it may not be supported in NPrinting, or it may have limittions, and your best bet is to talk with a support rep

PowerPoint does not do paging like other templates where if you ahve a table and it exceeds a page it goes to the next - PowerPoint, functionality wise, probably hs the least

Excel has the most, followed by Pixel Perfect/Word

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III
Author

Thanks very much Adam for your prompt replies. Will keep you posted with more different queries if I am stuck. I will fiddle around with PPT and Excel templates as you have suggested for better output and hope will end up with some positive output.

Appreciate your help. Thanks a ton.

V.

Not applicable

thanks - Excel or Pixel Perfect

PowerPoint is good when using objects for a presentation but just like when you use PowerPoint on its own, there is not a lot of room for large tables or many items on a slide

good luck

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III
Author

True Adam, I agree. So i am trying using excel. So just a quick question, how can i reduce the page when printing to PDF. I mean I want 4 graphs on 4 individual pages. So when i create using excel template, on four different sheets I will be putting these graphs but when viewed in PDF it is coming very small with a lot of empty space. Any ideas on this??

Thanks,
V.

Not applicable

the image should be the same size by default as the image in QlikView - make sure on each sheet you have your height and width set to 1 page (default is automatic and you never know what you will get)

If you can possibly send me a qvw with the images, I can see try and take a look

You can also put the images on 1 sheet and add page breaks within Excel

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III
Author

Thanks Adam, Unfortunately I cannot send you any qvw. Will try and build some dummy data and send you, once i try your suggestions and get back.

Thanks,
V.

Not applicable

I understand about the data - you can also scramble it if you want

make a copy of the qvw, go into settings/document properties and selct the Scrambling tab.  Pick the fields you want to scramble and then click the scramble button.  The will scramble the data in those fields.

Note - the only way to unscramble is to reload the data (this is why it is best to have a completeley different version of qvw wfor just the scrmbled data)

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III
Author

Hello Adam,

Sorry did not create a new topic for this query. Just a quick help on this Alternate State. I know this feature is not supported in Npritning right now. However, was looking into this below link for some ideas. Can you help me understand on what exactly Gary Starder was talking about in his response from the below link. 

Implemantation of the alternate state feature – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

I tried copying the charts and hid the tab but no good in the final output. When i do a preview in the Nprinting designer client it picks up the alternate state but when printed from Access Point it does not pick up. Wondering if i am doing something wrong.

Please do the needful.

Thanks,
V.