Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Keep source Formatting

Hello Experts,

Is there any way to keep source formatting from qlikview, when Pixel perfect is used. For eg: I have a table and used Level to get the fields on to the Pixel perfect template. As my Straight table in Qlikview has calculated dimension where I am displaying two fields in one single dimension with a carriage return.

But in Npritning i cannot use Keep source formatting when pixel perfect is used.

Any ideas please let me know. ??

Thanks,
V.

24 Replies
Not applicable

what I believe he is saying is theat he has created an NPrinting tab within his application but hides it to the user.  On that NPrinting tab, he has the same objects but is using the default state of the objects instead of alternate state

he is doing this just so the nprinting report somehwat duplicates alternate state for the report

It is a workaround, as you ahve said since NPrinting does not support the feature - I did not see enough detail in the response to know exactly what he is doing

The concept of building a seperate, hidden nprinting tab to have objects in a different representation for reports only is not uncommon

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III
Author

Thanks Adam, I did created the same but it does not reflect in the actual output report when ran from the AP. However, just wondering to know what exactly the below article is talking about.

How to Create an NPrinting Sheet in a QlikView Document – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

Can this be used to implement the alternate state using this approach. But i cannot see any option in the Tools that says "Create Nprinting Sheet" when i open the Npriting Designer client.

Any ideas on this please??

Thanks,
V.

Not applicable

to be honest, I have never seen this before, and I cannot find the option within my version of NPrinting, which is 16.1.0.

The way I have built the invisible NPrinting sheet is directly within the Qlikview application - I would create a new sheet, place the objects I want just for the nprinting report, build my nprinting report and connect to the objects on the nprinting tab.  Once I have tested, I then go back to the QlikView application and set a condition on the sheet that will never be met to keep it invisable to the users

Not applicable

based on this statement 'The "Create NPrinting Sheet" button will be hide when the .nsq has not legacy report.', I believe that is why I do not have the  option of creating the invisable sheet

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III
Author

Thanks very much Adam for the information. I do the same for hiding the tab at application level. But what Gary has mentioned, it does not work with regards to Alternate state alternative or I might be doing some thing wrong. However, thanks very much for this will keep you posted if any queries.

Thanks a ton.

V.