Qlik Community

Qlik NPrinting Discussions

Discussion Board for collaboration on Qlik NPrinting.

lornafnb
Valued Contributor

Large pivot Table

hi guys

I have a big Pivot table I need to fit in one page in Nprint.

I have tried making the font smaller, anything, still doesnt fit.

any suggestions please?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Re: Large pivot Table

sound like it is on demand or on demand like - there is a good example of how that works in the nprinting training environment - sales demo using ajax qvw

i will attach the zipped environment

there are alos some good tutorials that will step you through on

Customer Feedback for Vizubi

15 Replies
Not applicable

when you say big, how may rows are we talking about?

Which template type are you using in Nprinting?

If you are using Excel for example, the pivot table will come in as an image and you can control with Excel tempalte to have the width and length fit on a page but based on the size of the table, it could be too small to read

lornafnb
Valued Contributor

this is what I mean with large...

Not applicable

not as bad as I thought - the rows will obviousle be smaller since ther are about 38 rows but the columns themselves will be small due to the amount.

If you bring in as a table, make sure the width and height in Excel for example are both set to 1 page (like you have) - the same would be true if you brought it in as an image

Was this Excel created through NPrinting?

lornafnb
Valued Contributor

I right Clicked in QV and exported to excel to get this..

Not applicable

I would suggest bringing the table into an Excel tempalte in nprinting, make sure the width and height are set correctly within the tempalte and preview the report - it should be close, if not exact to what you sent me.

The issue becomes when printing, you would need to do the scaling setting on print to fit all on 1 page

lornafnb
Valued Contributor

Problem is - user wants it in Powerpoint....

Not applicable

what about bringing the table into PowerPoint as an iamge and using the stretch property to size as best you can - the issue is you would have to make sure the image has all rows and columns.

If you bring it in as a table, there is no good way (that I know of to size the table down to fit)

lornafnb
Valued Contributor

how could I bring it in as a 'dynamic' image - i e it reduces to what the user selects....there are so many combinations, I cant make provision for all of them.

Not applicable

not sure I understand - is this an on demand report, when you say user selects

The table, whether an image or table will contain values based on what is slected (or not) based on whether your connection clears connections or filters on the report or object

there are ways to build on demand reports where the user within the qlikview application makes their selections and then generates the report themselves, as opposed to a scheduled report

Community Browser