cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjht
Creator
Creator

Launch NPrinting Designer Gets Error Seen in Snapshot included

We are using NPrinting June 2020 SR1 with NPrinting Designer Client June 2020 SR1.   (you can see in the launch below)

When user tries to edit a template, he gets this error trying to launch the Designer Client

mjht_0-1623873417112.png

@Lech_Miszkiewicz  @Frank_S 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @mjht 

If you have in fact installed a local copy of a supported version of MS Office, then you should try to:

If this doesn't work,  you may need to submit a support request with our Qlik Support Desk

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @mjht 

If you have in fact installed a local copy of a supported version of MS Office, then you should try to:

If this doesn't work,  you may need to submit a support request with our Qlik Support Desk

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Based on the error message you posted it seem that you uninstalled the .Net framework after installing the Qlik NPrinting Designer. The consequence is that when the Designer starts it is not able to find some needed files. 

You can repair your installation by following @Frank_S 's suggestions (when installing again the Designer the .Net will be automatically installed again) or by directly installing the correct version of .Net only.

Refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2020/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/System-require...

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
mjht
Creator
Creator
Author

This user does have a local copy of MS Office and it was already on his pc prior to the install of NPrinting Designer.

I have asked him to try the steps above.  I can assure the version of NPrinting Designer is the same as NPrinting server - I checked that out on his pc via screen share.

I asked him to open a ticket with our pc support to try the steps you suggested.  

I can vouch for the versions of NPrinting Designer and NPrinting Server matching up - both are June 2020 SR1.

The version of NPrinting Designer installed on his pc is June 2020 SR1 - I verified that.

Thank you.