Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III

Launch a Nprinting Task by command line on server

Hello,

I have Nprinting 16 Server and a schedule is defined to launch reports every week.

But is it possible to force a Nprinting 16 Task by Command Line instead of built-in schedule ?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

here is how to do it:

you can create batch file which will copy-paste xml file into trigger location

How to Execute NPrinting Reports by External XML Request

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

here is how to do it:

you can create batch file which will copy-paste xml file into trigger location

How to Execute NPrinting Reports by External XML Request

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello,

thanks for your answer

I have stopped the service, added the folder watch, created a .request

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<schedules>

<schedule file="C:\Users\Public\Documents\NPrinting\Template\project.nsq" type="task" entityName="Country Review" />

</schedules>

It has been quickly renamed to .processed but nothing happens and I can't find any .result.

What can I do to debug ?

Thanks

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I am not sure - To be honest i have used this option 2 years ago and currently i am not even using NPrinting 16.X so it is hard to test.

Make sure you put correct nsq file names and correct task names in XML. Also make sure those nsq file are setup in NPrinitng server.

What does your task mean to do? Maybe there is a condition on the task which is not fulfilled when triggered externaly?

Troubleshoot it with simple task if possible.

cheers

Lech

If still it does not work - then log a ticket with Qlik support as this should work without issues - it is not a rocket science.