cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielact
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Level with multiple sheets in Excel

I'm creating an NPrinting report in Excel, and I need to cycle through field values, creating multiple sheets each time.

For example, Company A would need to have sheets 1-3, Company B would be 4-6, Company C would be 7-9, etc.

Any ideas on how to do this?

11 Replies
Not applicable

Using recipient/user filters + levels should give you the result you want.

If you create a level for a dimension with (for instance) 5 values and you send that report to a recipient who has a filter with 3 values of that dimension, that recipient will receive a report which only has 3 of the possible 5 sections of that level corresponding to the appropriate values of the dimension

danielact
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

The purpose isn't to limit what gets sent to a recipient, it's to split out the data into different worksheets. I have 3 worksheets for each company. I can easily set up a Page-level using Company, but the order would then be Company A - Sheet1, Company B-Sheet1, Company C-Sheet1, Company A-Sheet2, etc.

I want it to be A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, B3.

Not applicable

So it's a question of sort order of the worksheets?

danielact
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Pretty much, yes

jacob_hoffmann
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

You need to use the "Add Page" function in the designer. Pretty straight forward:

Qlik NPrinting features for creating Excel reports ‒ Qlik NPrinting

Go to the part named: Multi-page publishing: select a page

Page feature.png

BR

Jacob

danielact
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

As I wrote to Aran earlier, I could do that, but the sheets wouldn't be in the order I need,

Not applicable

Sheet sort order is based on sort order for values of the dimension in the Qlik app. Change the sort order there and the order of sheets will also change.

jacob_hoffmann

OK - and just like Aran just wrote: Work with the sort order of the dimension. One easy way to control that would be to load the dimension value as a dual in QlikView/Sense with a built in sort order. I think you're set

Jacob

danielact
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

But I'm not having issues with the sort order of the Dimension. I just have 3 different worksheets for the one dimension. If my dimension is Company, I want the pages to end up as A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, B3, C1, C2, C3.

If I use Page to create the pages by company, I'll end up with A1, B1, C1, A2, B2, C2, A3, B3, C3.