cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_jespers_
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Line chart, multiple series, dynamic naming

Is it possible to have a line chart with multiple series and dynamic naming?

What I want to create is something like this where I show the last 3 years of data:

Skärmklipp.PNG

But if I do like this I only get hardcoded name for the years:

Skärmklipp2.PNG

So when 2019 starts, the labels will not get updated.

And since I can't use formulas as series name, is there any way I can achieve what I want?

Regards

Jesper 

Labels (1)
3 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Could you not create the 3 year line chart in qlik and bring the chart in as an image.

Or

Bring your data in as year, month, value table rather than as a cross tab.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Jesper,

how about:

• exporting data as a table in a format wher your year is regular dimension
  • creating a excel table (Insert -> Table)
  • use created table to be a source for your PIVOT CHART
  • set refresh chart on open document

This will not be possible with PPT template and will work only in Excel or you could build custom solution in Pixel Perfect template

hope this helps

Cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please specify the type of template you are creating. In this case it is not clear if it is an Excel or a PowerPoint with native charts.

In PixelPerfect you can use auto-generated series.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.