Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AtQlik
Contributor III
Contributor III

Longer Table to fit into NPrinting slide

Hi,

I have a long table which carries more than 40 + rows. Do we have any solution to fit limited rows in a slide and create additional slides to display remaining rows. 

@Frank_S - As per your request hosting a new thread. The details provided in below link didn't help me. 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Table-too-large-for-the-page/m-p/1377065#M1...

12 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @AtQlik 

Please see the following link. I believe this holds the answer to your question. It shows limitations regarding custom row depending on QlikView or Qlik Sense usage with respect to power point designer. (I assume you are referring to PPTX report designer since you haven't mentioned the type of NP report. It appears that you are hitting this limitation.).

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2020/Content/NPrinting/PowerPointReports/Native-table....

As a workaround, you may want to create a custom QS chart that only shows the data you wish to appear in your report.

If this is not your answer, please provide more detail including:

• 1. Type of NPrinting report
  • 2. Connecting to QlikView or Qlik Sense
  • 3. Version of NPrinting, QlikView and or Qlik Sense.
Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
AtQlik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Frank, The link which you shared is pointing steps to work with Qlikview rather than Qlik Sense. 

As requested sharing requested details. 

1. Type of NPrinting report = Powerpoint Report

2. Connecting to QlikView or Qlik Sense = Qlik Sense

3. Version of NPrinting, QlikView and or Qlik Sense = June 2020 is NPrinting version and April 2020 version of Qlik Sense. 

Let me know if you need additional details. 

Frank_S
Support
Support

@AtQlik 

That is correct. The point being made is the following based on PowerPoint designer that appears in the link I provided above.

I have copied the information from within the link below for your convenience. Essentially this means that the following do not work with Qlik Sense.

=========================================================

There are two useful table properties that can be used to modify QlikView data displayed in the PowerPoint slides. They (these) will not work with Qlik Sense data:

• Custom Rows
  • Show Totals
Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Frank_S
Support
Support

Further,

There is a MS powerpoint limitation that prevents rows that expand beyond the PPTX slide from appearing automatically on the next slide. Therefore any data you need to see on a specific slide must fit on that slide as it will not be automatically carried over to the next slide within your NP PPTX report.

Thus as mentioned in this case, since you cannot use custom rows with Qlik Sense data, a reasonable workaround would be to create a chart in Qlik Sense that contains the specific number of row that you want to see on your PPTX slide. Then use that chart object in your NP PPTX report.

Hope this helps...

AtQlik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Frank.

Regarding your recommendation as workaround, could you pls me provide additional detail about the kind of Chart object I should be using in this case?

Frank_S
Support
Support

No worries @AtQlik 

I suppose you can use a straight table in Qlik Sense and use that table object in your NP report in order to meet your requirement.

AtQlik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes, I am using simple table chart for my report but the table has more number of rows. Using simple table how to move additional rows to separate slide? Is there any settings at qliksense side?

Frank_S
Support
Support

Let me reiterate. It is not possible to spillover extra rows to a separate Powerpoint slide. It is a Microsoft limitation.  You can limit the rows in your Qlik Sense chart to prevent additional rows in your chart from appearing. The rows must adhere to the visible area of the PPTX slide. 

To do this Qlik Sense based solution, you can check this solution in another community post.

You may also want to try to insert an image of the chart and use sizing options to better control the area of the image using image management

Cheers!

Frank_S
Support
Support

One other option can be viewed below but this doesn't assure all rows will fit within the area of the PPTX slide. Limiting the rows as per the previous response directly above is likely the best solution.