Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
calexandru
Partner - Contributor III

Macro powered reports in NPrinting June 17

Dear Qlik Community,

I am trying to generate an Excel report that makes use of a simple macro that, on open, selects an image and brings it to the front. The Macro works fine in Preview mode, although it has to be run manually. Trouble is, there is no option, when creating the task for this to generate an .xlsm format Excel document.

If my understanding is correct NPrinting did support Macro enabled documents in past editions (1.16.x) I just don't know if this feature was removed intentionally or if the implementation was slightly different and I'm missing a bit of crucial information.

On the current version is there any way of running macros in reports?

Thanks,

Alex

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Qlik NPrinting 16.* can copy the code of an Office macro from the report template to the gnerated reports. Qlik NPrinting 16.* never executes the macro code, but you can give to the recipient the "illusion" that it was executed by trigger it on report open.

Qlik NPrinting 17.* has not yet this feature, so the macro code is not present in the reports generated by a task. At the moment I don't know when the feature will be added.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Qlik NPrinting 16.* can copy the code of an Office macro from the report template to the gnerated reports. Qlik NPrinting 16.* never executes the macro code, but you can give to the recipient the "illusion" that it was executed by trigger it on report open.

Qlik NPrinting 17.* has not yet this feature, so the macro code is not present in the reports generated by a task. At the moment I don't know when the feature will be added.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
calexandru
Author

Hi Ruggero,

Thank you for the prompt reply, are there any ways to work around this? The issue stems from my not being able to persist an image on the top level of the report.

The report itself consists of a map visualization and a .png image with transparent background. The png needs to stay on top of the map to act as a "background" due to NPrinting's inability to load the default map backgrounds.

Regards,

Alex