Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mnagesh05
Contributor
Contributor

Merged columns in Pivot table not supporting in nPrinting through HTML format

Hi All,

I am facing one issue now that i am pulling pivot table from Qlik view into nPrinting. The pivot table contains merged columns in qlik view. But when i pull it as Table object into nPrinting it is converting as straight table ie. not with the merged columns. I even tried taking as image object, but i am not getting borders for image in nPrinting.

issues are - When i select table object then merged columns are converting as straight table.

when i select image object then the borders are not showing for that image.

My client is interested to either one of this. Kindly help.

Thanks. 

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, This is all working as designed, so I am not sure what answer do you expect to get...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
mnagesh05
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Sorry, i not have mentioned this point. We are generating the report through email.

we are importing  pivot table from QV so no need to create pivot table again in nPrintnig.

I have used image borders and able to see borders in browser but when i generate report through Email it is not working.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Ok i see... few more questions:

• Are you using inline styling? 
  • Have you inspected code which gets passed to email (once you receive email)?
  • How does your template look like>

Comments:

If you used <style> tags in your <head> HTML header that will not be passed to email as only content between <BODY > tags goes to email. You can see this if you inspect content which you have once you send your report and look at it in your mail client. The other thing you need to consider is obviously what mail clients you are using (Outlook, GMail, Thunderbird, Apple Mail etc...). This you need to verify using one of the tools like: https://www.campaignmonitor.com/css/ and check if style you are using will be supported by email client.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
mnagesh05
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for immediate response. Please find the answers for the below questions.

• Are you using inline styling?   - Yes i am using inline styling on table level which is affecting in browser but not in Email.
  • Have you inspected code which gets passed to email (once you receive email)? - how to inspect the code in Email?
  • How does your template look like> - as below.

merge.PNG

The columns are as same as above in pivot table in Qlik view (column names changed as security purpose). The first columns (Col1, col2.. ) are merged. 

We are using Outlook for emails.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

There is not much i can do with this ... if you will not provide detailed explanation of what you do how can we help you?

When I said "how does your template look like" I asked for actual template (full html code you use for that report) and not a screenshot of few column headers... Otherwise how can I test if your code is working and if it is correct?

I suggest you start by providing  required information on what you do so we can replicate it, then maybe we will be able to help you.

• regarding inspecting email: once you receive your email in Outlook open it,  right click and choose "View Source".
  • also just like i mentioned to check support for css and client you use - did you do it?

I conclude that this is not anymore NPrinting issue. It is just HTML design issue and CSS support in Outlook. Therefore I also suggest you search on this topic on other forums (HTML, CSS)  which definitely will have a lot more to add to this topic.