Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dandaanilreddy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Missing column in Nprinting when there is no data

Hello All,

I have a template with a table containing 23 columns. For some of the products i have 23 quarters of data and for some i have 22 quarters data. When I'm selecting a product which has 22 quarters data one of the column is getting hided. I want all the 23 columns to display with one of the column needs to be blank. Not sure why its hiding when i designed the table with 23 columns. Please can someone let me know how to solve this?

Note: I have the data in qlik sense pivot table where I am using conditions on the expressions based on selections.

Thanks,

Anil

1 Reply
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

How do you create 23 columns?

1. Did you create them by using pivot table and putting dimension in "column" section? or
  2. Did you actually create 23 individual columns by putting 23 dimensions/measures in your table

If you are using option 1 then I am not surprised as number of columns will be dynamic and dependent on the data.

The reliable solution for me would be to use straight table and create 23 measures by using set analysis - that way you escaping trap where Qlik Sense dynamically changes number of columns. 

And to be frank it has nothing to do with NPrinting as it is purely Qlik Sense development question.

note: you may also be very careful what sort of conditions you are using on the expressions, not everything is supported in NPrinting. Again - I cannot tell you more because I don,t have any more details from you. Make sure you meet all requirements from https://help.qlik.com

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.