cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glifshitz
Contributor II
Contributor II

Missing templates in NPrinting when exporting

I am trying to export NPrinting files as part of an upgrade from version 16.4 to version 18.29.

All my files are excel based and when I am trying to export my NPrinting files, when I try to import the templates, some of the templates are missing ( For example - I could have an NPrinting project that contains around 5 templates but only 2 templates would appear when trying to import )

Does anybody know the reason for this and how to overcome it?

Thanks in advance,

Gilad

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Your templates might be incompatible with the NPrinitng 18+.

If i were you i would upgrade your nprinitng first to 16.8 and then make sure ALL features are supoorted in both versions. Make sure you are not using linked fields, variable filters and othe not complatible features between versions.

Use help.qlik.com to check what are the common features: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2018/Content/Introduction/Introduction.htm scrool this page down until you see comp table

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I agree.

1. Create a backup of the Qlik NPrinting project folders
  2. Upgrade to 16.8
  3. Follow the instructions in the page https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2018/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Impor...

Note that you have some manual works to do.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
glifshitz
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you very much for your assistance - We decided to upgrade first to 16.8 and hold with version 18.0 for now.