Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
polisetti
Creator II
Creator II

Multiple Qlik Connection in NPrinting

HI Everyone,

In NPrinting, I am aware of connecting to multiple connections of QlikView (or) Qlik Sense in NPrinting. However, my query is related to multiple connections in which One is QlikView and another is Qlik Sense application.

My end product should pull the charts from both the application into one single NPrinting template. If this is possible, could you please share the constraints (or) restriction that may come up during the development.

Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well - QlikView and Qlik Sense CANNOT be on the sam box - this is unsupported!!!

I see it it as at least 3 servers

1. Nprinting
  2. Qlik Sense
  3. QlikView

I would use then connections QlikSense and QVP for QlikView.

This seems to be theoretical question and is not a ground for actual architecture build - isn't it? Since we just brushing this topic there is no problem with migration, but it is again long and detailed topic just by itself!

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

As long as both connections exist in the same NPrinintg application i do not see any issues.

Obviously limitation is around what functionalities you could use with both. Alo you are tagging NPrinting 17.3.1 which is very old version - is this coincidence or you really use it?

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
polisetti
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Lech,

NPrinting tag is wrong, I am using NPrinting 18.9.5.

Will there be any issue on the server environment? QlikView application may be migrated to a different server compared to of Qlik Sense application. Even after successful connection in NPrinting DEV (since both QV and QS are hosted on the same server), will there is any connection issue after migration of the application to different environments (QA & POD)?

Thanks,

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well - QlikView and Qlik Sense CANNOT be on the sam box - this is unsupported!!!

I see it it as at least 3 servers

1. Nprinting
  2. Qlik Sense
  3. QlikView

I would use then connections QlikSense and QVP for QlikView.

This seems to be theoretical question and is not a ground for actual architecture build - isn't it? Since we just brushing this topic there is no problem with migration, but it is again long and detailed topic just by itself!

regards

Lech