Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marniedc
Contributor
Contributor

Multiple Qlik Sense applications in one Nprinting Report

Hi,

Are there prerequisites in Nprinting to allow one report template to have objects from 2 or more Apps configured in Nprinting?

I found some topics where this seemed to be allowed but I am not able to execute this in our Nprinting Novee,ber 2019 installation.

Appreciate your feedback.

Regards,

Marnie

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

No, they aren't - because it is not possible.

You will not be able to include objects from connections created in 2 different NPrinting applications. Only objects from 2 different connections created in the same NPrinting app will be available.

See example below: 

• NPrinting App A
    • Connection "A" - connects to Qlik Sense app ABC
    • Connection "B" - connects to Qlik Sense app XYZ

The above scenario will allow you to include objects from 2 connections - hence from 2 different Qlik Sense apps

Now below is the scenario which you have described (as per my understanding). Since reports are associated with apps only data from connections created under the app are available. So if your report is associated with App A you will not be able to use Connection "B" hence no objects from this connection can be used

• NPrinting App A
  • NPrinting App B

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

No, they aren't - because it is not possible.

You will not be able to include objects from connections created in 2 different NPrinting applications. Only objects from 2 different connections created in the same NPrinting app will be available.

See example below: 

• NPrinting App A

The above scenario will allow you to include objects from 2 connections - hence from 2 different Qlik Sense apps

Now below is the scenario which you have described (as per my understanding). Since reports are associated with apps only data from connections created under the app are available. So if your report is associated with App A you will not be able to use Connection "B" hence no objects from this connection can be used

• NPrinting App A
  • NPrinting App B

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.