Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JacobT
Partner - Contributor III

Multiple filters per sheet (tab) in excel report

Hi!

I need to do something I am not used to at all, normally I make simpler excel reports or advanced pixel perfect (pdf reports).

For this report there are about 11 sheets (tabs), that will contain one table with different sets of filters for the table.
Normally when there is one tab I would create the filters through the import task and apply them on the report but of course that's not viable here.

From what I see in the report tool, I can't add filters in there, so how do I do this or is it not even possible?

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

you can add filters to individual objects like images or tables only... and as always I suggest to check documentation first: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Static-dynamic-fi...

That means you will not be able to apply such filter directly to objects like: Pages,Levels, Variables or formulas.

Without knowing the exact requirements including content and layout of reports it is hard to suggest anything more than that.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
JacobT
Author

Posted in a bit of a haste, found the option where you do it in the designer, but that would only allow me to pick one filter on the object when I need 8 for the object in the first tab.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If you want to use object filters you need to combine selections you apply in all 8 filters into one filter. You can add as many fields as you like to single filter so there is nothing stopping you from doing it.

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1637750424921.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.