Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rohitk1609
Master
Master

N Printing November 2017 backup is not restoring

Hi Techies,

I have created backup and the backup file size is 954 mb. when I am restoring the backup by same user and on same machine it is giving me error:

C:\Program Files\NPrintingServer\pgsql\bin\pg_restore.exe: pg_restore: [tar archiver] could not find header for file "2920.dat" in tar archive

N printing Nov 2017

Can you please help me to know , how to fix it , what I am missing.

Thanks,

Rohit

13 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

You need to follow the correct procedure to backup and or restore the NP database. The method you are attempting will not work and is not supported. The supported method backs up and restores fully all template files as well as database information.

See https://qliksupport.force.com/articles/000032251

How to BackUp and Restore NPrinting Repository Database from End to End

000032251 |12/06/2018

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
rohitk1609
Master
Master
Author

I did exactly what is written in the article, same folder, name, command. but when I am restoring it I am getting this error. Please help me to fix it.

rohitk1609
Master
Master
Author

what makes you think I did something else than what is in the article ?

Frank_S
Support
Support

It appeared as though you may have used a different method based on the original reported error message:

C:\Program Files\NPrintingServer\pgsql\bin\pg_restore.exe: pg_restore: [tar archiver] could not find header for file "2920.dat" in tar archive

I suggest that you start a support case if you are still having the issue and you have followed the supported backup/restore method. Please upload all logging and steps to reproduce the issue directly to the Qlik Support desk and we can help you in greater detail there.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
rohitk1609
Master
Master
Author

I opened the case to support Qlik. can you assume and tell me what exactly is the issue, something was missed in backing up or it could be a bug ?

Frank_S
Support
Support

We will have to investigate further via your bug report as this appears to be a new issue or potentially a new bug.

rohitk1609
Master
Master
Author

Hi Frank,

I have backup of Program files folder, would it work if I need to restore back my N printing site ?

rohitk1609
Master
Master
Author

Qlik is saying, its a bug in November version.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

My suggestion is to update to a more recent version. We corrected a bug in restoring procedure in February 2018:

Backup did not include some critical tables

In some environments, the restore process would end with a success message in the last row of the logs, but some tables (like users) were not backed up. In previous rows of the same restore log, there was the error message: “Error while PROCESSING TOC”.

Restore logs are stored in the folder %ProgramData%\NPrinting\Logs\nprinting_manager.log.

Note that you can restore a backup only on an installation of the same version. So you have to update November 2017 to for example June 2018. Than you create a new backup on June 2018.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.