Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
febridwi
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

NP 18 warn Imposible to save report in folder denied

Hi everyone,

I'm running on NP project implementation, the scenario is generated report will save in shared folder. So I created a shared folder in same server (mane: server A) then everything works smoothly. But there was some conditions, the generated reports has to save in different server (server B). In my opinion i just change the IP server and the path also, when i did it there was a warn said 'Impossible to save report in folder //serverB/path is denied'.

Does anyone has idea? What should i do? Hopefully i get the advice asap. Thanks. Good day.

-febri.

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Quite straight forward. User running nPrinting engine service does not have rights to write into the folder on another server. 

You need to grand read/write access to this user 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
elifapa
Contributor III
Contributor III

hello, I am having the same issue here. But i am certain that our service account has write access to the network folder since i have tried to open the folder and create a file with the user running nPrinting engine service, and it works.
Can you give any other advice? Can i find more info in Nprinting log files?

Thank you!

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @elifapa

Please note that this conversation which you are replying to is more than two years old. We recommend starting a new discussion threads rather than replying to older threads in case issue fixes are found in newer versions of NPrinting.

In any case, if you are not certain that the NP service account has 'full' access to the network share, you should speak with your IT team to confirm that it does have full access. Full especially if you are having export to network folder issues....as what you are reporting is purely a networking issue.

Also not that if your network share is defined by a mapped drive, note that this is not supported.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!