Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fionna51
Creator
Creator

NP 19 generated incomplete PDF reports

Hi Guys,

We've been running on NP19 for some time, and we use NP 19 to generate PDF reports as attachments and send emails to our users. In our last Prod run, a couple of reports were incomplete and they were all good in prior run. Some tables did not get populated, and some just populated first or second rows. We can see all data in source qvw file. 

I did see somebody asked this before, maybe not same NP version, but there is no replies. Our job has around 400 users/emails to send, 50 PDFs in total, each PDF size around 200-250 KB. It takes around 1 hours to finish. The job finished as usual, but 7 PDFs are incomplete.

If anyone ever met this issue, please give some advice, or we may need to open case with Qlik. Thanks in advance.

Fion

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
adria
Contributor II
Contributor II

I saw this for the first time in my environment recently- some values in a hefty Excel template weren't populated even though they should have been. (NP June 2020 SR1, QV April 2019 SR4, local connection).  

Adding RAM solved the issue (from 16 to 64GB). It appears that our NP server was simply too taxed by this report.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @fionna51 

• What type of report it is? I know its PDF, but we can get PDF literally from any available templates?
  • I assume that you didn't know that the reports were incomplete and that there was no warning or anything indicating issue?
  • Is it possible that someone reloaded this app when report generation was still running?

I am just throwing ideas there. Personally I have never seen this before.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
fionna51
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Lech,

Thanks for your ideas!

In fact, it is Excel template. And you are right, we did not get any warnings, it ran successfully. While it was running, we watched, nobody trigger reload again in between. Really have no idea what happened.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

If you are using Excel templates to get PDF reports you need to place great attention at the page layout settings in the template and try to vary them in order to get the output you want. This can be difficult because Excel is not designed to generate PDF. 

As best practice we suggest to develop templates of the same types of the output you want. So develop an Excel template to have Excel output and PixelPerfect for PDF. Generating PDFs from Excel is supported but the layout could be hard to set.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
adria
Contributor II
Contributor II

I saw this for the first time in my environment recently- some values in a hefty Excel template weren't populated even though they should have been. (NP June 2020 SR1, QV April 2019 SR4, local connection).  

Adding RAM solved the issue (from 16 to 64GB). It appears that our NP server was simply too taxed by this report.

fionna51
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Ruggero,

The page settings should be fine. We reran in same and different environments again for same reports, all proceeded successfully. It was just one time error. Even in next run, we did not see this error happened again. 

Thanks a lot.

Fion

fionna51
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Adria,

I think this is the one! I highly doubted about it too. Thank you very much for pointing out.

Thanks a lot,

Fion