Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Labiqa
Contributor II
Contributor II

NP Removing Leading 0 from Filter During Import

Hi,

I have multiple filters that need to be added to my NPrinting reports so I use the excel template to import all of them at once. However, when I run the import, it removes the leading 0 in the filters and this causes an issue when not only generating the reports but now every time we need to update the excel template, I need to manually add in the leading 0s. Is there a way to fix this error with the filters? Please see below screenshots for an example.

Filter in the Excel Template:

Labiqa_0-1608226856613.png

Filter after imported to NP:

Labiqa_1-1608226912778.png

Thank you!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

by the way - if your filter is numerical it does not require leading 0 but instead numerical representation... you can find it by putting your field value in listbox and applying numerical format...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi

You are not showing us the full picture as we dont see where you put your values in recipient import file.. 

Leading 0 can only be present as text values hence you would use "Values" column for it with values like:

[Tax ID]={"020558295"}

Please note double quotes around number.

If your value is stored as Dual - having text mask and numerical index then you need to apply numerical filter on it.

All that is documented here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2020/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Use...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Labiqa
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you! 

I'm currently putting the values under the "numeric value is" column but I did try putting it under "value is" and the report failed. This may be a bug in my version of Nprinting (Feb-2019). Do you know if any workarounds, other than manually updating the filter, that I can use until we upgrade our software?

Thank you!

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, in first place you need to find the type of data in QlikView. Guessing does not make sense. have a look here as the same principles apply to your case: https://nprintingadventures.com/2019/02/15/the-pitfalls-of-nprinting-filters-part-1-dates-and-duals/

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

by the way - if your filter is numerical it does not require leading 0 but instead numerical representation... you can find it by putting your field value in listbox and applying numerical format...

Labiqa
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for clarifying! I was able to get it to work 🙂