Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fionna51
Creator
Creator

NP19 Excel report always shows decimal numbers

Hi All,

We met a very weird issue and hope somebody could please provide some hints.

We have some NP19 reports which contain some fields like dates, for example 5/22/2020 or rates, for example 87% etc. Those mainly just source format from corresponding Qlikview qvw files, and all were working well before. This Monday we met some performance issue and NP report publish task was slower and slower, so our server team did reboot and clean up. But after that, all of our Excel reports just display those date or rate fields as decimal, for ex. date as 43578.12345, rate is showing 0.87. We do not make any changes to either NP report or qvws.

Are there any person ever saw this issue?

Thanks for your help.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The actual values are coming through as numerical (as 43578.12345 is typical for timestamp 23/04/2019 02:57:46 and 0.87  is indeed 87%), so to me this is only formatting issue, but I have never seen it happening by itself unless something has changed.

- Data coming to Qlik could change format in source

- Server regional settings changed

- Excel updates could happen

- Someone uncheck - "keep source format" in templates (although you say you did not change templates)

My approach would be to look at templates and actually see what is setup in it.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The actual values are coming through as numerical (as 43578.12345 is typical for timestamp 23/04/2019 02:57:46 and 0.87  is indeed 87%), so to me this is only formatting issue, but I have never seen it happening by itself unless something has changed.

- Data coming to Qlik could change format in source

- Server regional settings changed

- Excel updates could happen

- Someone uncheck - "keep source format" in templates (although you say you did not change templates)

My approach would be to look at templates and actually see what is setup in it.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
fionna51
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Lech,

Thanks for your reply. We checked all qvw format settings, and NP report template settings, everything looked fine. And we found after one NP service reboot, all of our NP reports related to different apps have got same issue. So we reach out to Qlikview support. Eventually, we cleaned up all files in Qlikview folder, reinstalled NP engine and QV desktop to make sure all versions matched, the issue got resolved.

Thanks for your help.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Thanks for coming back with this. If you could share which Qlikview folder you actually cleaned it would be valuable information for others. Thanks

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

hi,

just one more comment - It would be important to know if the issue was a result of having different versions of QlikView desktop or if it was something else. 

Since keeping the same version of QlikView desktop is a documented requirement i would not consider this as unusual, however if the issue was sitting in some "files" in "QlikView" folder (whatever they are), we would like to know what those files were as I am sure at some stage someone else will have the same problem.

thanks and regards

Lech

fionna51
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Lech,

I confirmed with our admin again that he cleaned up all installation folders. (For example the Qlikview folder in Program files I mentioned before.)

Our original installation had NP designer one version lower than NP engine. When we found this issue, we just upgraded NP designer without clean up any of installation folders. This did not resolve the issue. Eventually, we clean up all folders, and reinstall QV desktop as well, the issue resolved.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @fionna51 

I see, in that case I think your admin cleaned ProgramData hidden folder (not only Program Files) and possibly all user profile folders in %user%\AppData for service account user.

Thanks for info.

regards

Lech