cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Labiqa
Contributor II
Contributor II

NP19 Importing Filters with Overridden Values

Hi I am using NPrinting19 to create reports and have been importing filters using the import template on the site. 

However, if I have a filter with a field with no selections, the import doesn't work for that field. I wasn't able to find how to override values when using the filter import. 

For example, for the below filter we need the following filter settings but when I write it as below in the template file and import, the value with overridden values does not show.

These are the values with their selected criteria:

• %Data_Level = 2
  • _DisplayOnly = override values
  • _OQRIncentive = override values

The way I have it written in the template:

• Under "values" column = [_DisplayOnly], [_OQRIncentive]
  • Under "numeric values column" = %Data_Level={"2"}

I know I have it written incorrectly under the values column but I'm not sure what the correct way to write it is

Thank you!

Labels (2)
13 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Labiqa 

very good point. I went through all my resources and I could not find working solution. We will need to qwait for qlik guys to come back to us i guess.

I tried all the "old" tags from this document for NPrinting 16 hoping that one of them could work. https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/Advanced-Filters-Syntax-on-Recipients-Import/...

I also tried to use <override>,<overrideValues>,<override Values>,<Values> tags and none of them seem to work.

Those tags are not really documented.

@Andrew_Kruger @Ruggero_Piccoli 

• is override value supported in excel import at all?
  • if they are how can we enforce it - sample files don't provide this information and I was unable to find any documentation?
  • documentation of existing supporting tags should be included in help document - currently it is not.

thanks

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi ,

About https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/Advanced-Filters-Syntax-on-Recipients-Import/... only the documented tags were supported in QlikView NPrinting 16. The supported tags <drop,unlock,lock,verify,excluded,clearselections>  were the filter options that were visible in the GUI when you created a filter manually. That behaviour is different in Qlik NPrinting 17+. For example, drop is no more needed because Qlik NPrinting 17+ doesn't have the reload task, in QlikView NPrinting 16 it was possible to run a task that reloaded the local .QVW data. So, this is a case where QlikView NPrinting 16 differs from Qlik NPrinting 17+ and the old documentation is not useful. 

What I had understood is that you want to flag the "Override values" checkbox, that is in the fields part of the filters GUI, while importing filters via Excel file, correct? We checked and this is a gap between the GUI and the features of the Excel file to import user because there is not a flag <override> or similar. That confirms the results of @Lech_Miszkiewicz 's tests. In this case I would to ask you to open a support ticket with a link to this conversation.

In the user import task there is also the "Update filters if modified" flag to upgrade all imported filters  https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2020/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Users-F...

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli 

yes I am aware that docmentation was in regards to NPrinting 16. 

You have correctly identified the issue and I will open support ticket today.. I will comment here once this is done so you know the support case number. Thanks

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli 

I have created a case ticket: 

02018963 - NPRINTING USER IMPORT FROM EXCEL LACKING POSSIBILITY TO TURN ON "OVERRIDE" FLAG ON FILTER

regards

Lech

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz ,

Thanks a lot for the ticket!

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Labiqa
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz and @Ruggero_Piccoli 

Thank you both for all of your help!

-Labiqa

pthai
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi All,

Is there any solution for this until now? Can you pls share it!

Thank a lot.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Of course there is @pthai  - just bookmark https://help.qlik.com and ALWAYS check it for up to date info

this particular question s described here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Users-Fi...

pthai
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Lech,

The  <override> tag is not working.

Only <excluded> seems to work