Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phillgilchrist
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPRINT LDAP Configure not pulling anyone back

Hi,

Have installed September 2018 on a fresh install.

Gone to configure the import task, importing users from LDAP.

Set the connection path to the correct LDAP address, working in Sense.

I've not touched the entry attributes

I've added (&(objectClass=user)(sAMAccountName=%USERID%) into the additional user filters.

This is test only. I have a more involved query to use, working happily in Sense also!

All boxes are checked

PROBLEM

Though the jobs completes successful, it pulls back no users.

What am I missing?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Entry attributes are filled with standard values. Please check if you need to customize some of them (I need in my LDAP).

Check also the advanced attributes.

Maybe a tool like LDAP Admin could help you in checking if all atributes are ok.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Are you sure that the LDAP connection parameters are correct? In case you can check them with a third party LDAP viewer.

Did you checked the check boxes in the bottom area?

New Import Task.png

You can also check the Task Executions page and the logs to see if there are some useful messages.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
phillgilchrist
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

I replicated the same working filters from my sense environment, so proved the functionality.

And yes all boxes are checked.

Log shows as completing, but with 0 users.

My groups are now pulling group with (&(objectClass=group)(sAMAccountName=%Group%*))

I've simplified my query to (&(objectClass=user)(sAMAccountName=%USERID%*)) and still not pulling specified user(s) through. It's like it want's something else.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Entry attributes are filled with standard values. Please check if you need to customize some of them (I need in my LDAP).

Check also the advanced attributes.

Maybe a tool like LDAP Admin could help you in checking if all atributes are ok.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
phillgilchrist
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Changed the attribute for User Identification from inetOrgPerson to person, and now pulling in.

Thanks.

ksmccann
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

hi Ruggero, I have a follow on question to this. I am also importing from LDAP and had to change the attributes for the import to work. However, when the users are imported they are are not granted any of the defauil roles (Admin, User, etc).  Without a role assigned emails are not sent to a user so I have to assign them manually after I import. How can I set a default role of "User' on every person who is imported so the emails will be sent? I tried putting a constant in the attributes of the import but that did not work. 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please post a new question for a new problem. Thanks.

You must create at least one role in Qlik NPrinting with exactly the same name of a LDAP group before to run the import and set the Role membership field correctly in the import task. 

Best Regards,
Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero