Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jagjivvt
Creator
Creator

NPrining Nov 19 User Filter and Email

Hi all, 

I have a user who can receive reports based on more than one entity, when i run the report, it only created reports for entities that have a single filter and ignores the rest. 

User      Email           Filter

A             a@a.com     A,B

C              c@c.com    C

it will create report for C but not for A or B

Is there some setting that i am missing

thanks

this is the error message i get

Failed resolution for variable V\vMIStart of connection 84f18b56-8fc2-4148-a80e-e2875282b465: Cannot resolve content for node Variable_User_GSK_Invoice_Creation_vMIStart (object: V\vMIStart) due to invalid selections: Filters: [Fields: [Name: F\BP_Real_Date, ConnectionId: 84f18b56-8fc2-4148-a80e-e2875282b465, Values: [AdvancedSearch:23/03/2020], Override: False, Void: False, SelectExcluded: False], Variables: [], Void: False Fields: [Name: F\Supplier, ConnectionId: 84f18b56-8fc2-4148-a80e-e2875282b465, Values: [AdvancedSearch:Allegis Group, Aston Carter], Override: False, Void: False, SelectExcluded: False], Variables: [], Void: False], Bookmark: , Void: False
Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jagjivvt
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Lech, 

On reading the link you sent me, i have corrected my filters, the error i was doing was inserting both suppliers in 1 selection. 

thank you for all you help. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If you thought that user A with email a@a.com would receive 2 separate reports one for filter A and one for filter B or one report including both filters  you missed it by far 🙂

Filters are like selections. When you take selections from A & B filter those selection will be applied all at once using "AND" logic. In your case such selection is not possible or results in empty string because if you selected A and in the next step you are selecting B you are deselecting A. Solution for it can be 1 filter where you would select A&B.

Please search community for multiple examples of the same.

I also suggest you start from reading documentation first and rules on how filters work.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2019/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Static-dynam...

among rules this is the one you are likely experiencing:

• If the intersection gives an empty result, the filter chain will become invalid.

It seems like you will have to change the way of thinking around this report.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

sidenote: your advanced search filter looks little bit odd.. Can you share screenshot how you configured it NPrinting and reason why haven't you used a value filter?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
jagjivvt
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Lech, 

Thank you. I have set up filter see attached screen grabs. 

I have Allegis Group and within that there are 2 suppliers. The report needs to be for each supplier and goes to same email address. The data for both is different. 

thanks

vijay

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

first thing first

Filter - instead of using Advanced search (which is bit weird the way you set it up use just Value is) like this:

1.png

that will ensure that your filter is correct to filter out data.

Now how do you want to achieve 2 seperate reports?

• Are you using Cycle function and cycle over supplier field?
  • or Are you using Page or Level function within single report?

Using a filter will not help you achieve 2 separate reports for 2 suppliers...

jagjivvt
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Lech, 

On reading the link you sent me, i have corrected my filters, the error i was doing was inserting both suppliers in 1 selection. 

thank you for all you help.