cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PBITLATMHCC
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPriniting SMTC Email setup failed to send the reports

Dear experts, I have configured new NPrinting server in Windows 2016 server, installed the NP Server, engine and designer successfully, Configured the connection to QlikView server to load the data. I'm struck on configuring the Email SMTP settings.  Even when i click the "Send test email"  email not sent check configuration error appeared. Please see attached screenshot and suggest me the solution to send the reports out. I been working in NPrinting from last 4 years with the good knowledge on how it works, but some where some thing is not correct in the email configuration. please suggest me the solution

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PBITLATMHCC
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I updated the following parameters in the email settings.. now its working fine. thanks for your support. 

-->Email Settings--> Address "user@company.com"

Port: 25 then enabled  "Use TLS" then enabled "Disable Certificate Validation".

I left the Username and password blank

default sender email would be noreply@company.com.

thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Try checking the TLS check box

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
PBITLATMHCC
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Enabled the TLS check box, did not work then Disable Certificate validation as well, - no luck

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

configuration parameters depends on your SMTP configuration. So I suggest you to ask to a person that know how your SMTP parameters. Refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2020/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Set-up... for the best practices about configuration.

You could also check the Qlik NPrinting logs to verify if there are some specific error messagges.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
PBITLATMHCC
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I updated the following parameters in the email settings.. now its working fine. thanks for your support. 

-->Email Settings--> Address "user@company.com"

Port: 25 then enabled  "Use TLS" then enabled "Disable Certificate Validation".

I left the Username and password blank

default sender email would be noreply@company.com.

thanks for your help.