Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stellan_Ronnkvist
Partner - Contributor III

NPrinting 16.5 On Demand with Chrome not working for some users.

Hello,

We have a couple of users that use a QlikView application that has NPrinting 16.5 On Demand functionality that generates an Excel report on the server. For all but one user everything is working as normal. He receives an error message: "NPrinting service error. Please check if NPrinting service is reachable" when trying to generate the report.

The funny part is that when a different user log in to the Access Point on the same computer with her credentials everything works just fine.

Both users:

- Have named CAL.

- Have access to the shared folder where the NSQ file exist.

- Uses the same Chrome explorer.

- Uses the same computer.

Anyone out there that might shed some light on this because I'm running out of options.

Thanks,

Stellan Rönnkvist

Stockholm

4 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hello,

Did you tried with the user that has problem but with a different web browser or a different computer?

Could it be a customized Chrome setting of the specific user?

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Stellan_Ronnkvist
Author

Hello Ruggero,

Yes, he did use a different computer and he could generate a report that way. So I agree, it must be some differences in the Chrome settings for that specific user.

Regards,

Stellan

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

I would to suggest to delete history or cookies and maybe to log off from Chrome if logged in. I have no other ideas...

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Stellan_Ronnkvist
Author

Hi,
I just sent that suggestion to the user, hopefully it will do the trick.

Regards,

Stellan