cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sfloberg
Partner - Contributor III

NPrinting 16 - Error Error: File not found

I have created an Entity Report in Nprinting 16. The job has worked before, but now I get an error. I can see that the \NPrinting_Temporary-folder for the task is created, but still I get this error and no report is created. What is the problem?

Application 2018-04-11      11:10:10      Message Producing report: REPORTNAME

Application 2018-04-11      11:10:10      Message Report produced: REPORTNAME

Application 2018-04-11      11:10:10      Message Creating report: REPORTNAME(C:\Users\USERAME\AppData\Local\Temp\80\NPrinting_Temporary_SOMENUMBERS\{SOMENUMBERS-SOMENUMBERS}FILENAME.skv)

Application 2018-04-11      11:10:10      Message Report created : REPORTNAME(C:\Users\USERAME\AppData\Local\Temp\80\NPrinting_Temporary_SOMENUMBERS\{SOMENUMBERS-SOMENUMBERS}FILENAME.skv)

Application 2018-04-11      11:10:10      Message End REPORTNAME

Application 2018-04-11      11:10:10      Message End Execute Task

Application 2018-04-11      11:10:11      Message Start Output Distribution

Application 2018-04-11      11:10:11      Message Copying file: D:\NPrinting\Output\FILENAME.skv

Application 2018-04-11      11:10:11      Error Error: File not found: C:\Users\USERAME\AppData\Local\Temp\80\NPrinting_Temporary_SOMENUMBER\{O00001-F00001}FILENAME.skv

Application 2018-04-11      11:10:11      Message End Output Distribution

Application 2018-04-11      11:10:11      Message Terminate Task: TASKNAME Task Copy

Application 2018-04-11      11:10:11      Message This task took 3 seconds to execute

Application 2018-04-11      11:10:11      Message ---------------------------------

8 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Are you using latest 16.* available?

If not, please start by upgrading to 16.7 then try again to reproduce the error. If it still persist please share the whole logs file.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
michael_solomon

Hi Stephanie,

I had the exact symptoms but solved it by improving the performance of the object. In my case I had lots of expressions, so I improved the efficiency of the poor performing expressions. I don't know if it's the same issue as yours because I notice the 2nd last line of yours says it only took 3 seconds to execute, whereas mine was referencing lots of fields from different data sets, and taking over a minute.

Other symptoms I had that pointed me in this direction was

• It worked when a filter was applied - ie. with a limited data set. As I expanded the filter it reached a point where it failed.
  • It worked from a local qvw source, but not through the server - ie timeout settings were different

Hope this helps...

Michael

Stefan_Schnarr
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello,

did you solve your Problem and can you share it with me.

I have the exact same issues and nothing helped for me.

Thx

Stefan

Stefan_Schnarr
Contributor II
Contributor II

here´s the quite same log file..nP Error.JPG

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Be sure that the Windows user who is running the service can write on that temporary folder. 

In QlikView NPrinting 16 you can set a different temporary folder. Try to change it.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Stefan_Schnarr
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Ruggero,

when i Switch my Report Output Format  to jpeg, it works, but not for csv or skv.

Do I Need to install an Excel to create csv and skv?

greets

Stefan

Stefan_Schnarr
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,

I finally got it!

There was a calculation condition not hit in the Chart I wanted to Report.

No data -> No csv -> Error: File not found! 😉

Thx Ruggero

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Good to know that you solved.

About your previous question, Microsoft Office is necessary only to edit Office report templates and it must be installed on the PCs where you use the Designer. To create reports (the work of the server) Microsoft Office is never necessary. QlikView NPrinting uses internal software to generate the final reports.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero